aberdeen-music

Was connie on TV the other night?

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

So I was wathing Grampian News, when they did a piece on cutting subjects from the curriculum. It then cut to a piece filmed at RGC, and a female who looked familiar started talking about how much she enjoyed latin.

I realised halfway through that she looked a lot like aberdeen-music.com's very own connie, but was I right?

More to the point does anyone care?

No no, he's still around as far as I know, haunting the East (or is it West?) wing like a little hobbit-like apparition. Girdwood left. Dunno if he was there when you were. We made him cry once in 2nd year... and then there was the snowball incident...

Now those really were the days.

No no' date=' he's still around as far as I know, haunting the East (or is it West?) wing like a little hobbit-like apparition. Girdwood left. Dunno if he was there when you were. We made him cry once in 2nd year... and then there was the snowball incident...

Now those really [b']were the days.

Nope, when i was there it was Mr Woodman, Miss Gray, Mrs Bowie, and Bicket i think...

Does Big Andy Gougall still run the PE department ? Top bloke Big Andy

Cheers

Stuart

Mr Dougall hated me. His daughter was one of my prefect "form buddies" when I was just in first year.

Mr Woodman retired... a couple of years ago? Miss Grap and Mrs Bowie weren't there in my time. Right now it's Mr Bicket, Mrs Everest, Mr Lawrenceson... and a couple of other teachers who's names I can't remember because I ditched Latin after 2nd year and paid very little attention to the staff during my last 4 years.

Rawr.

Mr Dougall hated me. His daughter was one of my prefect "form buddies" when I was just in first year.

Mr Woodman retired... a couple of years ago? Miss Grap and Mrs Bowie weren't there in my time. Right now it's Mr Bicket' date=' Mrs Everest, Mr Lawrenceson... and a couple of other teachers who's names I can't remember because I ditched Latin after 2nd year and paid very little attention to the staff during my last 4 years.

Rawr.[/color']

Mr Dougal liked me cos i was the best runner in the school at the time, those were the days, which daughter was it, if it was Rebecca, it shows my age thta she was in 2nd year when i left...

Cheers

Stuart

Mr Dougal liked me cos i was the best runner in the school at the time' date=' those were the days, which daughter was it, if it was Rebecca, it shows my age thta she was in 2nd year when i left...

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Aye it was Rebecca, which years were you there from?? Sounds like you're almost back to the days when my brother was there..

I may know your brother then, since I left RGC in 1987 - I also studied Latin for 6 years (well, I say studied...), emerging with a lovely Higher. Use in the real world - very little, apart from as a weapon to disparage the uncultured masses who didn't study classics.

My teachers were: Mrs Bowie, Mrs Gray, and Mr Wilson (Batman) - Mr Woodman was there also, but he never taught me.

Regards

Flossie

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Nope' date=' when i was there it was Mr Woodman, Miss Gray, Mrs Bowie, and Bicket i think...

Does Big Andy Gougall still run the PE department ? Top bloke Big Andy[/quote']

That's the posse, all right. You forgot Wilson. Woodman was a bit of a legend, "Right, pack up your goods and chattels........."

I hated Dougal, mind you he hated me. I successfully skived Games afternoons from the start of 3rd year and only got rumbled at the end of 5th year. Dougal was fucking fizzing, probably because I got away with it for so long, simply by not signing up for any of the options. Punk rock. I guess you were there same time as me, I was stuck in that festering shit-tip from 1985 to 1992.

So I was wathing Grampian News' date=' when they did a piece on cutting subjects from the curriculum. It then cut to a piece filmed at RGC, and a female who looked familiar started talking about how much she enjoyed latin.

I realised halfway through that she looked a lot like aberdeen-music.com's very own connie, but was I right?

More to the point does anyone care?[/quote']

no...wasn't her.

silly hobbes...

That's MAD!

I heard my old Latin teacher was on Grampian because the SQA are thinking of getting rid of Higher Latin...but as far as I know, our class was never filmed and I was NEVER interviewed.

Although if it'll make me a celebrity, sure, it's me.

Also, Mr Dougall once played golf with my dad.