aberdeen-music

James Yorkstone

lepeep

only 70 tickets have been sold...come on you fucks' date=' or the "aberdeen is dead, discuss" thread wont need to be discussed.[/quote']

I bought mine a month or so ago - it was only number 43!

There'll be a walk up on the night, without a doubt, but I expect the place will be less than a third full.

The only benefit I can see here is that we won't have to suffer the 30 minute wait at the bar to be served liked at Goldie Lookin' Chain the other week!

Who is he?

http://www.lemontree.org/Music/event.cfm?eventid=2186&tempmonth=10

Thursday 28 October 2004 - Caf

Tickets 7.50 (5 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 9pm

Show Starts: 9.30pm

Fife alt.folk troubadour James Yorkston hits the road in support of his new Kieran Hebden (Four Tet) produced album Just Beyond The River. It's the eagerly anticipated follow-up to his debut record' date=' Moving Up Country, which was rapturously received on its release two years ago.

James is a former member of the band Huckleberry and an associate of the Fence Collective, whose bucolic, acoustic sound is very much in tune with his own.

[url']www.jamesyorkston.co.uk

www.adem.tv

only 70 tickets have been sold...come on you fucks' date=' or the "aberdeen is dead, discuss" thread wont need to be discussed.[/quote']

I agree 70 does not seem that much but the turnout at his two Exodus gigs was even lower. (first time with the Zephyrs and AN other & second time with Four Tet)

Dave

I got the adem LP when it first came out, it's really good..nothing like fridge...dare I say it, Imagine Coldplay, but a "good Coldplay"...if that makes sense...

Was James Y supporting For tet in the 2002 triptych ?..I was in glasgow for buck 65 and Four tet (the saturday night). I heard that no one (or hardly anyone) turned up to the Four tet gig in the deen...who's loss is that ?...

I got the adem LP when it first came out' date=' it's really good..nothing like fridge...dare I say it, Imagine Coldplay, but a "good Coldplay"...if that makes sense...

Was James Y supporting For tet in the 2002 triptych ?..I was in glasgow for buck 65 and Four tet (the saturday night). I heard that no one (or hardly anyone) turned up to the Four tet gig in the deen...who's loss is that ?...[/quote']

Yes Jas was supporting Four Tet, there were an estimated seventy people there. I think excessive pricing of tickets kept a lot of people away. Everyone piled up to the forum for Chris Clark, Beans & Plaid after that (& that was badly attended again due to pricing)

This caused a lot of us to moan @ Triptych saying that for the same price Glasgow & Edinburgh were getting six or seven acts & Aberdeen in future should get parity & not

be the poor relation

gratuitous plug by interesting music)

(ps Thurs 4/11 Dr Drakes Christ, (mainly new set & visuals), Frog Pocket & SCART Thug

im going' date=' mainly for adem, who by the way i think sounds nothing like coldplay, apart from having an english accent. you should be ashamed![/quote']

I did think about that once I wrote it...but, I have to say, there are some elements of Coldplay in the sound (I don't own a coldplay cd AT ALL..OK...)

it's hard to describe, isn't it ?...nick drake meets coldplay ?

Anyway, a fantastic Night, good to see a band enjoy themself so much, I've also decided "it is me", I always sit right next to pissed cunts that talk all the way through EVERY FUCKING SONG....And I am the one made out to be the cunt for saying something...bah.

A wonderful night.

I did think about that once I wrote it...but' date=' I have to say, there are some elements of Coldplay in the sound (I don't own a coldplay cd AT ALL..OK...)

it's hard to describe, isn't it ?...nick drake meets coldplay ?

Anyway, a fantastic Night, good to see a band enjoy themself so much, I've also decided "it is me", I always sit right next to pissed cunts that talk all the way through EVERY FUCKING SONG....And I am the one made out to be the cunt for saying something...bah.

A wonderful night.[/quote']

The talking pissed me off - especially during Adem. Also, we were standing at the end of bar when a bunch of people came stood right in front of our view of the stage. Very annoying.

And, yeah, I believe you - I'm sure you don't own Coldplay CDs at all......

The talking tw@ts were damn annoying - esp during the quieter moments of both sets.

We spoke briefly to James post gig - like most of us he prefers the Ltree as a venue compared to Exodus. He might be coming up here again early next year' date='

Dave[/quote']

that is good news...

I've never understood people who talk through gigs...are they on the guest list ? (otherwise, why pay 8 quid to sit in a pub and yap ?)

call themselves "fans of music" ? what are the bits in between songs, if it's not for discussing what you've just seen ?...some people either have no span of concentration or are too dim to remember something that they can talk about in 3 - 5 mins !...

bah.

that is good news...

I've never understood people who talk through gigs...are they on the guest list ? (otherwise' date=' why pay 8 quid to sit in a pub and yap ?)

call themselves "fans of music" ? what are the bits in between songs, if it's not for discussing what you've just seen ?...some people either have no span of concentration or are too dim to remember something that they can talk about in 3 - 5 mins !...

bah.[/quote']

I don't mind people talking - I just wish they had more respect to others when doing it. Couldn't they just whisper? Or go to the back of the room?