aberdeen-music

the homeless are lucky...

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest pop-notmyface

at least the ones in the uk. okay, so we got bad weather, but i'd rather be homeless here than in other places such as ethiopia. where people literally starve to death. now heres a thought.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i suppose but it would still suck.

i was told today that a lot of people arent actually homeless, pretending to be is their job, and its basically like making a proper "wage". i was also told this was in the papers a few weeks ago or something, and that they even have like selected times where they each get the spots where most money is made.

but thats just what i was told.

Guest hexagram56

i was told today that a lot of people arent actually homeless' date=' pretending to be is their job, and its basically like making a proper "wage". i was also told this was in the papers a few weeks ago or something, and that they even have like selected times where they each get the spots where most money is made.

but thats just what i was told.[/quote']

you only found out today?

Guest tv tanned

I decided to test this theory and walked up to a homeless person and told him how lucky he was.

He responded by saying he agreed, and that he could be in Ethiopia or Sudan, and that he was fortuitous to have no home, education, or close family and to have become addicted to alcohol and drugs as a result of his destitution. Fortuitous in the sense that he has all these things in the UK.

Then he started singing Rule Britannia and my heart swelled with pride...

Guest tv tanned

i was told today that a lot of people arent actually homeless' date=' pretending to be is their job, and its basically like making a proper "wage". i was also told this was in the papers a few weeks ago or something, and that they even have like selected times where they each get the spots where most money is made.

but thats just what i was told.[/quote']

Yeh, it's those fucking single mothers and asylum seekers too, they should all be put in fucking camps eh?

Guest tv tanned
for once hobbes having stumbled across this thread i have to admit i completely agree with you!

well there's a first time for everything, I'm sure you won't let it become a habit though ;)

Maggie would be proud if she was reading this thread...

at least the ones in the uk. okay' date=' so we got bad weather, but i'd rather be homeless here than in other places such as ethiopia. where people literally starve to death. now heres a thought.[/quote']

i wouldn't call myself lucky if i was a homeless person stuck out in the bitter cold and suffering from illnesses the likes of pneumonia, hypothermia or tuberculosis

Guest allsystemsfail
I decided to test this theory and walked up to a homeless person and told him how lucky he was.

He responded by saying he agreed' date=' and that he could be in Ethiopia or Sudan, and that he was fortuitous to have no home, education, or close family and to have become addicted to alcohol and drugs as a result of his destitution. Fortuitous in the sense that he has all these things in the UK.

Then he started singing Rule Britannia and my heart swelled with pride...[/quote']

lol Well said man.

He responded by saying he agreed' date=' and that he could be in Ethiopia or Sudan, and that he was fortuitous to have no home, education, or close family and to have become addicted to alcohol and drugs as a result of his destitution. Fortuitous in the sense that he has all these things in the UK.

Then he started singing Rule Britannia and my heart swelled with pride...[/quote']

After finishing this heartwarming rendition, he called his girlfriend from his Nokia camera phone, told her to order a pizza, put his earphones on and hailed down a taxi bound for his tax free council flat which they'd recieved ahead of everyone in the list after she got pregnant. They'd have a busy day tomorrow - they both had to collect their "jobseeker's allowance".

Poor bastards.

He responded by saying he agreed' date=' and that he could be in Ethiopia or Sudan, and that he was fortuitous to have no home, education, or close family and to have become addicted to alcohol and drugs as a result of his destitution. Fortuitous in the sense that he has all these things in the UK.[/quote']

at which point did he ask you to give him a hundred quid so he could go buy himself a cappuccino? ;)

It's probably better to say "there's no need for anyone to be homeless in Aberdeen" - it's a well documented fact that flats are easily available..but the ones that are genuinely homeless are probably homeless for a different reason than "don't have a house".

oh, and i've seen at least two "homeless" people dressed up for a night out.

Guest tv tanned
It's probably better to say "there's no need for anyone to be homeless in Aberdeen" - it's a well documented fact that flats are easily available..but the ones that are genuinely homeless are probably homeless for a different reason than "don't have a house".

oh' date=' and i've seen at least two "homeless" people dressed up for a night out.[/quote']

oh no!

I believe that Shelter confirmed that there are some who are not homeless but who have severe housing problems, or other problems which lead to them sleeping rough.

I suppose you think that homelessness is all just a conspiracy by charitable organisations such as Shelter in order that they can make money while perpetuating their myth.

Thatcher's children :moody:

Guest allsystemsfail
After finishing this heartwarming rendition' date=' he called his girlfriend from his Nokia camera phone, told her to order a pizza, put his earphones on and hailed down a taxi bound for his tax free council flat which they'd recieved ahead of everyone in the list after she got pregnant. They'd have a busy day tomorrow - they both had to collect their "jobseeker's allowance".

Poor bastards.[/quote']

Maybe if you'd experienced some genuine hardship, you wouldn't post such nonsense.

I believe that Shelter confirmed that there are some who are not homeless but who have severe housing problems' date=' or other problems which lead to them sleeping rough.[/quote']

That's exactly what I said - I'm not narrow minded enough to believe that houses being available means that there should be no-one homeless.

I wouldn't give Shelter a penny of my money - why, you might ask? Well, they had an office in Aberdeen, which was duly closed down and a sign placed in the window to "call them" in an emergency. The number is for their national helpline, which is based elsewhere and is utterly useless to anyone in need - so it appears that although they're happy to take the money of Aberdonians, they're not so willing to help the city in return.

I suppose you think that homelessness is all just a conspiracy by charitable organisations such as Shelter in order that they can make money while perpetuating their myth.

Depends on the organisation. Shelter are crooks who pay significant salaries to people to do very little - but other organisations such as the Aberdeen Cyrenians do a considerable amount for Aberdeen's homeless. When salaries/wages start to become involved, then you have to look at the motives of the organisation in question - is it right that Shelter have more than one shop in Aberdeen, yet they don't have one person locally to help people?

Guest pop-notmyface

well, fact is, living in a pretty much advanced civilisation that has free healthcare and charity groups, even the homeless are looked after to some extend. like the guy who can usually be seen close to the church on union street (you know who i mean...), well he collapsed once and was rushed a&e (i presume). sure. winter is a deadly season for the homeless, because youre more likely to die from a really bad cold. but in your average 3rd world country where aids is the biggest killer as well as countless other deadly diseases that can strike anytime, youre simply worse off.

Guest pop-notmyface
I'm still trying to work out exactly what the point you were trying to make here was' date=' or indeed what exactly made you think of it in the first place.[/quote']

well, someones always on the street asking for money (ie. union street). and i'll be buggered for giving them money when im pretty much in the red in terms of financial situation and have no job myself. but i have a home, so im not complaining. it's justy something to consider...