aberdeen-music

Best Humbucker for solos?

Hog

Originally posted by GraemeC

Easy solution would be to turn the motherfucker up a peg......cost = 0

hard to do if you dont want to bee too loud for the whole thing

it might be an idea to buy and eq or boost pedal, an eg pedal can really help you stand out, what settings do you use on your amp? if you use a scooped type of sound (highish bass and treble, low mids) then that will stop you from standing out, and eq could help you out temperarily for solos

it would probably be a good idea to go to the seymore duncan site (www.seymoreduncan.com i think) and have a look there, they have sound clips of all their pickups and a tone chart that lets you see roughly what they will sound like

David

Originally posted by craig deadenstereo

Also a compresser pedal is useful. Adds more sustain, can give a volume boost, can makes the notes run together better and boost the level of ones you fluff or not hit hard enough.

Yeah, I have a Boss Compression Sustainer, I find it quite useful if I want to make a statement in the department of solos :)

• 4 weeks later...

If you wanna not get lost then how about more trebly sound froma single coil...e.g installing a push pot which splits your bridge humbucker...giving you a tone to stand out.

The EQ pedal would work in same way, raising both volume and changing EQ...pretty sure Dan Atom uses one?

Seymore Duncan pick-up boster if you wanna be fancy...6Db to 25Db boost with 3 EQ shapes...see latest Guitarist mag for review