aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lemonade

Celebrity Dead Pool 2018

Man, that one's a shitter. RIP Stan.

My missus works for a publishing company which holds Marvel licenses, and her boss was good friends with Stan Lee and his wife, and had known them for many years. Whenever she would speak to Stan, she said he would speak so glowingly of his wife almost constantly, and almost everything he did he credited to her driving him on. She said that when his wife sadly passed last year, she thought he wouldn't be too far behind. Not the boldest of predictions given his age, obviously, but still very sad to hear about both her passing and now his.

Oh, I mean, er... superhero pun.

Points update:

George Bush Sr dies at 94, 5 points, no further bonuses apply.

Current leaderboard:

Player Points Number of predictions Average Age
1 Flights 47 4 78
2 Delboy1969 40 6 89
3 colb 39 6 90
4 Lemonade 37 3 79
5 Bigsby 25 3 81
6 Camie 23 4 87
7 Adam Easy Wishes 23 3 76
8 cahinton1 20 3 77
9 mezzosophano 20 3 88
10 Mr_Itch 17 3 86
11 Dennis Waterman's Showbiz XI 17 3 88
12 Scubby 17 3 88
13 Kirsten 16 1 60
14 AVB 12 2 86
15 Kai 11 2 88
16 Lucius 11 2 88
17 FSDanmac33 11 2 89
18 James Broonbreed 10 2 95
19 Alan Cynic 8 1 90
20 annewolves 6 1 82
21 iAmanda91 6 1 95
22 Long Haired Mackem 5 1 94
23 Scottboy 5 1 94
24 Becca 5 1 95
25 ca_gere 5 1 96
26 Graham Knight 5 1 99
27 iron_odin 1 0 0
28 Jim McGymersun 0 0 0
29 smurdoch 0 0 0

I'm thinking from next year this is going to be Facebook only. Nobody really posts here any more and there's like 1 person in the game who isn't on Facebook. And updating 2 separate places is a pain in the bum. Also considering tweaking the format a bit, adding a few more bonuses, maybe make the teams bigger. Any suggestions throw them my way.

I'd still prefer it to be duplicated here, even if it's just updates and no banter. I'm on FB and in the group but I detest the former, and only log in probably about once a week. I actually deactivated mine around the same time as I think ca_gere, but eventually cracked (and "reactivating" pretty much was just logging in) because it seems getting hold of some (esp. old) friends is only possibly via FB. It even seems the main medium for job hunting how. Sigh.

But if it's too much hassle, fair enough.

I'm not overly arsed either way. It would be a shame to not be able to participate but if the Frankie Muniz/Michael Cera death-cult conspiracies and pun-based lols have dried up on here then totally understandable if you move it completely to FB. It IS a lot of fun though I will admit.

OK I suppose I could keep it going for another year. I kind of just assumed nobody would care if I stopped, I'll post points updates here as well then but if you want my white-hot banter that's Facebook exclusive.