aberdeen-music

Sitcom?

Camie

It has a lot of potential. Maybe it could feature Hog and Jakey sharing a flat, like the Odd Couple. One of them likes metal music, and the other Emo. One is hairy, one isn't. One likes wine, one likes cider. One helps old ladies across the street, one attacks passers-by with an axe. One of them likes football, and one supports Dunfermline. Shaun and Timson would be the cheeky wee neighbours, always up to some shenanigans until Connie sorts them out. There could be music by a different local band every week, but the theme music would be by Spike Pile Driver.

I can see Bostaph becoming a cult hero with his surreal utterances in his occasional appearances. Eventually he would get his own spin-off series, Bostaph in his Element (106).

You're right, Jake....I MUST get out more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think this has much potential...

ian christie could play their grumpy old neighbour, alan cynic the long haired hippy who pops round to play the lads his latest acoustic meanderings, i could be the failed zz list local radio celebrity who stills sports a mullet and wears those awful su pollard/christopher biggins/colin hunt type glasses and phil johnston could be the short haired hippy who tries to introduce the lads to herbal tea, indian music and the wonders of the flute.

plus i think they should be a crime busting duo who drink too much scotch in time of a crisis.

It has a lot of potential. Maybe it could feature Hog and Jakey sharing a flat' date=' like the Odd Couple. One of them likes metal music, and the other Emo. One is hairy, one isn't. One likes wine, one likes cider. One helps old ladies across the street, one attacks passers-by with an axe. One of them likes football, and one supports Dunfermline. Shaun and Timson would be the cheeky wee neighbours, always up to some shenanigans until Connie sorts them out. There could be music by a different local band every week, but the theme music would be by Spike Pile Driver.

I can see Bostaph becoming a cult hero with his surreal utterances in his occasional appearances. Eventually he would get his own spin-off series, Bostaph in his Element (106).

You're right, Jake....I MUST get out more!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

I like the idea as a spin off, but it can't be as lame as joey from fiends spin off, err "joey"!!

I'd like to work with Tartan seagulls and moon herrings if possible, is that random enough.net?

I'm not a weirdo really, just misunderstood!! :up:

i think this has much potential...

ian christie could play their grumpy old neighbour' date='

plus i think they should be a crime busting duo who drink too much scotch in time of a crisis.[/quote']

I can TOTALLY see Soundian as the grumpy old neighbour, holding them up from their crime solving by complaining about Jakey's snoring keeping his pet budgie awake,etc.

Bostaph could be an addled old paper-seller on whom the lads have taken pity. There could be a running joke about the "tartan seagull" which he says he sees, and Hog 'n'Jake humour him by pretending to see it, but as the credits go up at the end of every episode we see the REAL tartan seagull perched atop various Aberdeen landmarks (eg Jim Drakes' head).

It could be the first sitcom based here, and could do for Aberdeen what Cheers did for Boston and Frasier for Seattle (don't know what that is, exactly, but I'm sure it must've been good). They could solve crimes on the'scene', eg solving the Cuts' guitar thefts, the Moorings toilet door shenanigans, the mystery behind Pete Docherty's 'trip' down the bus stairs, and so on. However there should be an arch-villain to oppose them....any suggestions?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I can TOTALLY see Soundian as the grumpy old neighbour' date=' holding them up from their crime solving by complaining about Jakey's snoring keeping his pet budgie awake,etc.

Bostaph could be an addled old paper-seller on whom the lads have taken pity. There could be a running joke about the "tartan seagull" which he says he sees, and Hog 'n'Jake humour him by pretending to see it, but as the credits go up at the end of every episode we see the REAL tartan seagull perched atop various Aberdeen landmarks (eg Jim Drakes' head).

It could be the first sitcom based here, and could do for Aberdeen what Cheers did for Boston and Frasier for Seattle (don't know what that is, exactly, but I'm sure it must've been good). They could solve crimes on the'scene', eg solving the Cuts' guitar thefts, the Moorings toilet door shenanigans, the mystery behind Pete Docherty's 'trip' down the bus stairs, and so on. However there should be an arch-villain to oppose them....any suggestions?[/quote']

It has to be Dallas as the arch-villian. His emo antics are the epitomy of everything I stand against.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
You could use about 7 Spike songs over the titles :p

About seventeen, I think you'll find. Only 7? Have you heard a rumour we're selling out or something?

It has to be Dallas as the arch-villian. His emo antics are the epitomy of everything I stand against.

Good call, Jake!! Dallas could be your long-fringed nemesis, 'Emo-Man'. One episode could see him 'freeze' Hog with a ray-gun, then pole-dance round him, cackling maniacally whilst munching a marshmallow. In a bizarre twist he could choke on the marshmallow, and be saved by Timson performing the Heimlich maneouvre. Timson would only find out he had the villain at his mercy when Hog is brought out of his frozen condition by a blast of Bostaph's breath.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Dallas could become a pin-up for the female viewers, though. They DO like a handsome villain.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Good call' date=' Jake!! Dallas could be your long-fringed nemesis, 'Emo-Man'. One episode could see him 'freeze' Hog with a ray-gun, then pole-dance round him, cackling maniacally whilst munching a marshmallow. In a bizarre twist he could choke on the marshmallow, and be saved by Timson performing the Heimlich maneouvre. Timson would only find out he had the villain at his mercy when Hog is brought out of his frozen condition by a blast of Bostaph's breath.[/quote']

Once he is defeated, he can stare at the floor for long periods of time, punctuated by the occasional revolting puppy-dog glance upwards as only emoites can do, to see if any girls are paying attention to their "torment".

Maybe we could have a tough female character who isn't impressed by Emo-isms, and who pushes Dallas around, mocking him all the while. She never finds out that he actually is 'Emo-Man' . This is what causes Dallas to hate everyone, and swear he'll get his revenge on the world. If Kitteh is actually female, she'll do for the role.

There should be an amusing bartender who keeps the boys up with all the gossip, and who has a catchphrase which everyone will be using, within a few months of the series starting. I vote Shawn The Ox...he'd be excellent.