aberdeen-music

The music scene

kitteh

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually shows that I made my point and don't have to resort to childish bickering to fight back.

Martin x

Making your point is one thing, avoiding contructive criticism is another.

Pure ignorance, nothing more, nothing else. My posts were constructive and to the point.

Aint my fault you couldnt reply. Thus ignoring me twice and getting deserved backlash you then post. Utter crap, dont you dare blame me for you own shortcomings.

And hey if you have a problem with that come say it to my face

Making your point is one thing' date=' avoiding contructive criticism is another.

Pure ignorance, nothing more, nothing else. My posts were constructive and to the point.

Aint my fault you couldnt reply. Thus ignoring me twice and getting deserved backlash you then post. Utter crap, dont you dare blame me for you own shortcomings.

And hey if you have a problem with that come say it to my face[/quote']

I've got a problem with your online crap, I'll admit that. You're actually a nice enuf bloke in real life. Why are you such a single minded twat online? I'd love to find out what makes you tick.

Martin x

I've got a problem with your online crap' date=' I'll admit that. You're actually a nice enuf bloke in real life. Why are you such a single minded twat online? I'd love to find out what makes you tick.

Martin x[/quote']

Well you know now what makes me tick, i hate ignorant people.

*sighs*

i only wanted to know what the music scene is like up in Aberdeen....I wasn't expecting a huge bitchfest. I'll know where to come if I want to spend all my time being closed minded about other people's opinions about music n slag them off. Can't people just agree to disagree? to be terribly cliche

Yes' date=' I admit there are a lot of bands I dont like. But at the same time there will be bands that I like that other people hate. It's to be expected. Instead people take everything personally, they get to emotionally involved in the debate and cant detach themselves. Can't you just accept that you're opinions of music differ? In things like this there are no 'right' or 'wrong' answers. Anyone who states 'you're either with us or against us' immediately gets 'well Im against you' from me. They forget the grey area and are so closeminded that I simply don't want to be one of them. It goes on principle. Why not just let the matter drop. Cos this arguement is getting old and has NOTHING to do with the original posting. I suggest that if you want to continue this slagoff fest that you do it elsewhere on another post.[/quote']

Hear hear. Not all are like that though. To avoid amateur egos, go and see Wishbone Ash at O'donaghue's on the 24th Oct. Crusty but awesome exponents of twin lead guitars.

You'll have to trip lightly to avoid the neds fighting outside though.

Well you know now what makes me tick' date=' i hate ignorant people.[/quote']

rune

i dont know u

so please dont take this the wrong way

why dont you shut the fuck up and stop provoking people.

If you want to continue your little egocentric fued please do it elsewhere. This post is supposed to be about the local music scene. Not a fucking ego trip for you. Perhaps you'd care to look back to the original post? the ACTUAL point of it?

I've had no sleep, im hungover and listening to your shite is the last thing i wana do.

in short

FUCKING DROP IT

Guest allsystemsfail
cheers. nice site!

someone ACTUALLY remembering the point here!

8o

Just a sec. You were, if I remember correctly, one of the first folks to take a swipe at emo.

Just a sec. You were' date=' if I remember correctly, one of the first folks to take a swipe at emo.[/quote']

yeh, that's true n i accept that. But as far as I was concerned the topic was over. It was in relation to the comment about the emo in aberdeen n my crit of it where I live. Yeh i guess it's slightly hipocritical.Yeh I mocked it, but i mock most things. I dont get PERSONAL.

it basically turned from a discussion about the scene, to a genre debate to nasty comments between a few people. The post totally degrades as the comments go on. I said I was pulling out of it, it wasnt just a general laugh anymore, it was getting stupid and personal. It has been taken too far.

Guest allsystemsfail
yeh' date=' that's true n i accept that. But as far as I was concerned the topic was over. It was in relation to the comment about the emo in aberdeen n my crit of it where I live. Yeh i guess it's slightly hipocritical.Yeh I mocked it, but i mock most things. I dont get PERSONAL.

it basically turned from a discussion about the scene, to a genre debate to nasty comments between a few people. The post totally degrades as the comments go on. I said I was pulling out of it, it wasnt just a general laugh anymore, it was getting stupid and personal. It has been taken too far.[/quote']

It's true that things have got way out of control.

yeh' date=' that's true n i accept that. But as far as I was concerned the topic was over. It was in relation to the comment about the emo in aberdeen n my crit of it where I live. Yeh i guess it's slightly hipocritical.Yeh I mocked it, but i mock most things. I dont get PERSONAL.

it basically turned from a discussion about the scene, to a genre debate to nasty comments between a few people. The post totally degrades as the comments go on. I said I was pulling out of it, it wasnt just a general laugh anymore, it was getting stupid and personal. It has been taken too far.[/quote']

Personal is this boards' middle name. Don't pay any attention, if you met most of the folk on here, you'd find them OK. It's just when certain people get to hide behind keyboards they turn into abusive wankers. Just remember they're just cowards and stick 'em on ignore.

Personal is this boards' middle name. Don't pay any attention' date=' if you met most of the folk on here, you'd find them OK. It's just when certain people get to hide behind keyboards they turn into abusive wankers. Just remember they're just cowards and stick 'em on ignore.[/quote']

my keyboard isn't big enough for me to hide behind ;)

rune

i dont know u

so please dont take this the wrong way

why dont you shut the fuck up and stop provoking people.

If you want to continue your little egocentric fued please do it elsewhere. This post is supposed to be about the local music scene. Not a fucking ego trip for you. Perhaps you'd care to look back to the original post? the ACTUAL point of it?

I've had no sleep' date=' im hungover and listening to your shite is the last thing i wana do.

in short

FUCKING DROP IT[/quote']

Do you think its right that scenesters only go to see bands that are listed in kerrang or on music tv just so they can be part of a fashion trend. End of the day emo and all its variants are re created genres by major lables. I certainly wouldnt want to be part of a major lable trend. Also these new genres musically are very limited, why should artists that have real talent be forced to tour alot of the time either that or go into full time employment.

I am sick of narrow minded people only checking out name bands and im sure drakes is to.

It's like another promoter said from aberdeen, "if its not in kerrang it wont sell" This makes me real sick that people seem to be unwilling to check out non scener bands at drakes or any other alternative venue. It seems to me that the major lables have tagged everyone into this scene and lets face it alot of these artists just dont have the talent, mainly due to the fact that so many of them sound the same.

It seems to me that the major lables have tagged everyone into this scene and lets face it alot of these artists just dont have the talent' date=' mainly due to the fact that so many of them sound the same.[/quote']

that doesnt make sense now does it. They are dont have any talent because they sound the same?? Hmmm you really come across as someone who wishes they knew more about what they are arguing but sadly you dont. Come on leave it.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Do you think its right that scenesters only go to see bands that are listed in kerrang or on music tv just so they can be part of a fashion trend. End of the day emo and all its variants are re created genres by major lables. I certainly wouldnt want to be part of a major lable trend. Also these new genres musically are very limited' date=' why should artists that have real talent be forced to tour alot of the time either that or go into full time employment.

I am sick of narrow minded people only checking out name bands and im sure drakes is to.

It's like another promoter said from aberdeen, "if its not in kerrang it wont sell" This makes me real sick that people seem to be unwilling to check out non scener bands at drakes or any other alternative venue. It seems to me that the major lables have tagged everyone into this scene and lets face it alot of these artists just dont have the talent, mainly due to the fact that so many of them sound the same.[/quote']

Rune, I really don't see what you're getting so het up about. Sure, people will always follow trends and fashions but it's always been that way and always will be, no matter what. Getting pissed off at people for not checking out the more obscure stuff will get you nowhere. It just alienates folk, makes them feel unwelcome and eventually will drive them into something where they DO feel welcome. Look, I love taking the piss out of emo as much as anyone but I sure don't get angered by it. I've no interest in it, so I stick to the stuff which DOES interest me.

Case in point, my band play raw grindnoise. I love that stuff and can't get enough. Now, what if I was to say "Fuck that shitty poppy melodic stuff. I'm having no part of it." How the fuck would we get a gig? We wouldn't, simple as that. I'll happily gig with anyone, you should do all you can to promote your band. It makes no sense to turn people against you, that's counter-productive. We're certainly not a "scene" band, but we've played at Drake's 7 times! I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to say.

In short, things will always be the way they are and no amount of moaning will stop it. Why not do as I do and offer to tape some stuff out of your collection for people to listen to? I love doing that. Not everyone will like it, but some will and do. Far better that than moan at people for being too trendy or whatever. At least you'd be doing something proactive and constructive. You might just get some people into some magic stuff and that is its own reward.