aberdeen-music

2015/16 Soccer Thread.

Lemonade

Holland are garbage right now though. That's a good tie. The senior players are too old and the young players are nowhere near the finished article. No real middle ground. Scotland would murder them. Maybe.

We had Holland in the play-offs for Euro 2004, I went down to Hampden for the first leg where we hammered them 1-0 with a James McFadden goal. I can't quite remember what happened in the second leg in Amsterdam so let's just say we beat them there too then won Euro 2004. Or else we lost 6-0. I'm not sure which one it was.

https://streamable.com/2f0w

Take a goddamn seat you horrible, horrible football club.

The Pitt was amazing today.

Blackett lol. He just watches it all happen. Does nothing.

Their centre back pairing is rotten compared to last season. Van Dijk and Denayer would probably be a decent partnership in the Premier League. Now they have what is probably a League 1 pairing at best.

Boyata is such a nothing player who is not really good at anything specific. Was responsible for lots of howlers at City. Even when everyone was injured and City had to put Javi Garcia at the back, he wasn't given the nod as a recognised centre back. Went on loan to Bolton and couldn't get a game. Returned to City and struggled to even get picked for the reserves. He was probably only kept to tick the home-grown quota for the Premier League and Champions League.

Blackett is all fart and no shit. Ticks all the physical boxes, but has shown no traits of being a competent footballer. He was initially a winger for United's U21s because of nothing but pace. I don't understand how someone has now decided he is now a centre back, when he can't defend. Horrendous in the air and completely one footed. Also has several howlers up his sleeve.

If teams get at Celtic, the defence will just fold.

• Upvote 1

We're pretty shit at the moment. Shteve is slowly trying to change things but he needs to find something that works soon. Mind you, he is trying to undo 3/4 years of rank mismanagement. That'll take some doing.

Central midfield and left back are so bad for us at the moment. Surprised we haven't strengthened those positions.

• Upvote 1

7 out of 7. Incredible. Generally I would hope to see us beat win more comfortably against Hamilton at home but last night was all about getting the points to take full advantage of Saturday's win. Sunday should be a tough game which could easily see us drop our first points. However, with Hearts still recovering from losing their winning start and the home crowd expecting them to come out and attack I'm optimistic.

The main thing that worries me at the moment is that if we are to mount a serious title challenge there is a long way to go with this level of pressure and expectancy on the team. Also the fact we haven't scored more than two in a game is a little annoying but I hope that means we are due a huge win soon.

Yeah, I'd describe last night as "fine." It was a dung game, but we won so... fuck it.

Our squad depth is nuts at the moment. Plenty of options all across the board, especially in defence. That McLaughlan looked a decent player last night and while I'm a big Shay Logan fanboy, competition is always good.

I don't know how long this can realistically go on for but we'd be selling ourselves short to aim for second this season.

Poor Luke Shaw :(

looked a sare een

It was a bad 'un. Huge blow for all concerned. United's best player this season by a distance. A few individuals have starred in one or two games, but Shaw has been top notch in every game so far. This was going to be his year.

6 months out minimum, but it's realistic that he will miss the entire season, and the Euros. He just can't catch a break.

Should have been a penalty and a red though. Far too much force, lifts himself off the ground, ends up going through with both feet.

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/vietnamese-player-banned-for-six-months-for-reckless-lunge-video/15775

Polish player gets a retrospective 6 month ban for a challenge (every so tenuously compared to the Luke Shaw incident in the article).

(Maybe better for the ridiculous news thread but) the fact that this was picked up by the UK site (dubiously referred to as a "foreign newspaper") is also news, apparently: http://thethao.thanhnien.com.vn/bong-da-viet-nam/an-phat-que-ngoc-hai-len-bao-nuoc-ngoai-53548.html

(Daily Mail is also mentioned as covering another guy getting a 28-game ban for a leg breaker but can't find that.)

Costa could have seen red for about 4 individual offences today.

If the retrospective ban system actually worked, Costa would only play about 5 games a season.

He's the absolute best at what he does though, the disgusting sly cunt. He's well overdue to be on the receiving end of a hellbastard of a challenge. Keane vs Haaland-like. I'd like to see some ogre like Charlie Adam just bulldoze through him. Studs up, elbows out, fists swinging, everything that could possibly connect, connecting.

Gabriel's kick was shite. If you're going to get a redder for lashing out at Costa, at least put him on his arse.

• Upvote 2