aberdeen-music

Broken Sunshine

Inkster

aye, liking broken sunshine more each time i see them, always walk away from their gigs with "indecision"(?) stuck in my head, what a mighty fine song!! didnt have enough cash to purchase a cd, i hate being poor, but will be sure to grab one next time im up. had a wee listen to milner's copy, sounded pretty good, except the start of one song, i think, sounded a bit outta tune, but then i was kinda drunk when i was listening to it so maybe my ears were outta tune. anyway, good gig! cheers x

Dont think so at the mo.

But yeah the ep is pretty good. As ive said the vocals are the strongest part of it especialy in the first two some lovely harmonies. You've obviously come a long way in the last year and you can tell in that cd. Still a lot of work to be done, but then so do we all so thats not a bad thing at all. I think if yous keep up this level of progress you will be shutting alot of people up.

Keep up the good work!!

• 2 weeks later...

Like i said before, I left because I thought the music was so dire. I'd thought I'd heard your band before, because your sound was too clich to be taken seriously, in absolute honesty.

Quite a contrast to the posts above, but I think it is much needed.

I think its pretty harsh to get on the gals' case too much, because thye have come on a long way since the first time I saw them play... It isn't my kind of music granted.. but they try hard. They write catchy tunes, that even someone like me walks away humming back to myself... There is alot of room for improvement, I don't think even they would disagree with that, but the EP sounds good...

I would probably get into it more if it were my kind of thing. But as long as they keep writing, keep enjoying playing (which is so obvious to see that they do), have the 'eye candy' element (Has to be said..), and quite simply keep improving like they have done, then there's nothing to complain about. The last thing this band needs in my opionion, is people on their case... But everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this was mine! They are enjoying themselves.... leave them to it!

(Although... dont take that as being a 'Good, we've made it now we can sit back' comment, cus you need to keep on at it!)

:band:

Thank you, no we'll continue to work hard cus we've still got a long way to go. Thanks for sticking up for us, constructive criticism is ok, but its a waste of time to say we're just an awful band fullstop, cus obviously we're not going to suit everyone...we're a band, no band is liked by EVERYONE!

You clearly know what i meant when i said clich, so why do I need to waste my time describing what i mean? And obviously you want your band to be taken seriously, and this is why I posted what I thought of Broken Sunshine

I don't think you really are welcoming negative feedback as much as you say you are

why is it a problem when someone says they don't like someone else s music

music is built on preference

why do you think there are so many different kinds??

people should just be allowed to give their opinion and thats that

who cares if some person deosn't like your tunes

as long as there are people who do then its all good

too many scenies jump on the band wagon