aberdeen-music

who do 10 easy wishes sound like?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Aye because playing countless solo's and countless techniques means your a more worthy band...

Nah, its good Mr Bungle DONT do that, just used them because they're the only slightly funk metal band i listen to. Quite obviously they are all extremely good musicians but the bassist and guitarist are incredibly tasteful. You can't diss Bungle if you like Incubus ;) - ooh more funkmetal!

sorry wasnt dissing Mr Bungle just saying that a band's worthiness depends on how influential(sp) the band are if you get my drift.

The Clash or Sex Pistols or beatles for example...

Hmm, thats one way of seeing it. Whereas theres countless great bands / musicians out there left undiscovered that are just worthless compared to say, Metallica or Insane Clown Posse.

Sorry, someone showed me a dvd of all these session guys ripping today. Most of them unheard of, but, we're not worthy!!! Some incredible musicians out there, and, after going to a really good gig I just feel more and more sick of dire, emotionless and unoriginal music.

Hmm' date=' thats one way of seeing it. Whereas theres countless great bands / musicians out there left undiscovered that are just worthless compared to say, Metallica or Insane Clown Posse.

Sorry, someone showed me a dvd of all these session guys ripping today. Most of them unheard of, but, we're not worthy!!! Some incredible musicians out there, and, after going to a really good gig I just feel more and more sick of dire, emotionless and unoriginal music.[/quote']

And that's exactly how I feel after going to see most bands in Aberdeen. I can't believe you can't see that we're at least trying to do something different. We're not a standard pop-punk band. Hell, we're not even a pop-punk band. (Full stop)

Not astounding' date=' blatantly obvious. Just try and tell me that out of all the bands that ever did commercially exist, 10ew sound more like some other genre than *insert random pop punk band*

Let me guess you think they are kinda like a mixture of early Slayer, with some George Benson, maybe some Bumblefoot? rather than just another punk band... seriously deluded.

p.s - 10ew do NOT bear resemblance to The Beach Boys other than they do harmonies - which is not really enough to say there is a strong similarity.[/quote']

Oh stop crying, your band might be trying to do something "different", but isn't succeeding, seeing as all of your songs sound identical.

Oh stop crying' date=' your band might be trying to do something "different", but isn't succeeding, seeing as all of your songs sound identical.[/quote']

Since when was it neccessary to be different that all your songs had to be totally diverse? i'm pretty sure KoRn never had a reggae hit. Besides if you like 10ew then samey-ness is most definately your thing.

Bryn you suck and so does your opinions. 10EW have at got their own sound that they have obvioulsy worked hard on. I wouldnt say they were a pop punk band at all either, there is very little in the sound that would class them anywhere near "blink" or "nfg" but then i would expect someone like you to come out with a comment like that.

If you dont know what your speaking about stop making an arse out of yourself.

Anyway guys i rekon (although you may not like it) you do have similarities to McFly in the whole surf kinda feel. Appart from that i couldnt name a lot of "big" bands who have a very similar style so i guess thats a good thing.

Guest Cowboy Dan
Since when was it neccessary to be different that all your songs had to be totally diverse? i'm pretty sure KoRn never had a reggae hit. Besides if you like 10ew then samey-ness is most definately your thing.

Please start making sense.

Mr Chilli Pepper Primus man.

ok' date='ok,ok. After listening to PoO mp3s my comments about you sounding exactly like shit pop punk bands is retracted.

So, I will leave by saying - that comment above is about as accurate as my previous comments about blink etc. The End.

Dan - what doesn't make sense in that? - [i']Muse for example have a different sound even though all their songs sound similar Versus, 'your attempt at being different is flawed as all your songs sound identical.'

• 2 weeks later...