aberdeen-music

Reccomend me a cymbal

The Milner

I finally took a 4 inch chunk out of my cracked A custom tonight so i think its finally time to replace it, I only really have experience with Zildjian cymbals and i do like the A customs a lot, but they cost a fortune now a days, and rather than pop down to R&B and drop £200 odd on a new one i wondered if there was anything else i should look at first. Like i say i have no experience in Paiste cymbals and very little Sabian. Ideally i'm looking for an 18" crash as versatile as the A customs are, can anyone point me in the direction of something new and or a good place to buy from, i have always bought my stuff from Pro Sound or Bruce Millars but obviously thats not an option anymore so im kinda stuck for ideas.

To be honest its a good deal, but i dont think the 16" would have enough growl for what i'd use it for, i'm half toying with the idea of ditching the second crash and replacing that and my ride with a crash ride instead, again tho i have no experience in crash ride cymbals and not really sure what to look for. Whats the selection like down in R&B's now a days? I literally havent been there in years.

The current Zildjian stock (and a couple of Sabians) are here: http://www.rbmusic.co.uk/drums.asp?id=46

There are a lot of Stagg SH and DH cymbals there as well which haven't been put onto the site as yet.

I think there should be a bit of movement on the price depending on which cymbal it is and going price elsewhere (we try to get close to net prices for you where plausible). All marked prices are already somewhat reduced too. :up:

Well i got lucky and found a guy in Glasgow selling a 16" and 18" A Custom Projection crashes, exactly what i broke for £260 for the pair of them, they look in fantastic condition, no key holes or dents or anything, and i get to see them before i give him the cash, only thing is i have to get a bus down, but for that price its def worth it. Cheers for the ideas guys.