aberdeen-music

The Halloween Music Thread

Palace of Swords

"House of a Thousand Corpses" wasn't as good as "The Devil's Rejects" but this is a good welcoming song to whatever atmosphere's prefered for getting together for the occasion.

I know they're typical for Halloween media but Rob Zombie gets into the right mind (well, especially when he creates most aspects of these two movies and the music for them) for the genre and maybe for the time of the year too. His new movie to do with the Witches of Salem should be due out by next year. Gutting that it couldn't have been for this Halloween.

I made a Halloween Spotify playlist a few years ago made up of songs I am genuinely frightened by, some relatively eerie sounding tracks and also some Scooby Doo-esque silliness. Will need to make a new one. The old one is here...

Henry Hall – Hush, Hush, Hush (Here Comes The Boogie Man)

Michael Jackson – Little Susie / Pie Jesu

Thomas Truax – In Heaven (Lady In The Radiator Song)

The Cramps – Save It

Gary Numan – RIP (Gary Mix)

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Red Right Hand

Marilyn Manson – This Is Halloween

The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster – Drunk On The Blood

The Cure – Subway Song

Franz Ferdinand – Jeremy Fraser

Elvis Costello – I Want You

The Horrors – Excellent Choice

Blur – Far Out

Screaming Lord Sutch – Jack The Ripper

Tom Waits – What's He Building In There

• Upvote 1

Out of that re-done Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack, that Manson one was the best pulled off. Same kind of situation as when everyone knew that Patrick Stewart was going to be Xavier in the movies. His voice went perfectly with the song and goes well by synching it up with that part of the movie.