aberdeen-music

The worst Aberdeen band...

Guest Sundaram

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't sound like me lol...u sure I've heard u sing? Don't remember that at all

i do stand up comedy nowadays

cant take the singing competition,

i get paid for singing badly, its a fine art!!

pmsl u are having me on...lol no way!

I'm always pretty nice to other performers...honestly it can't have been me if u are being serious. U from aberdeen or glasgow?

now since i am not a foul mouthed yob my comedy didnt go down well in glasgow, so i came home to aberdeen

not many comedy clubs here...so i tour

Guest Sundaram

Well, I vote myself as one of the worst singers, I'm untrained, dont project well, dont breath correctly and have a tendancy to sing flat.

Hopefully my good friend Simon of Gall will help remedy these short comings asap!!!

lol that explains the obsession with telling people not to swear then lol

I think ur actually pretty funny. What a Wind up u are! I'm guessing u are telling the truth about being in Aberdeen cos most my gigs lately have been in Aberdeen lol I'm pretty sure I haven't slagged anyone's singing off, esp not in glasgow cos that is one place packed full of excellent singers lol

lol that explains the obsession with telling people not to swear then lol

I think ur actually pretty funny. What a Wind up u are! I'm guessing u are telling the truth about being in Aberdeen cos most my gigs lately ahve been in Aberdeen lol

well i only did the one gig in glasgow,

couldnt get booked here,

might be because i cant sing in tune for long!!

yes i,m really good fun..say do you want to meet me?

i.ll say hi on saturday, at the lemon tree , you are playing there?

you better not popo! :gringo:

Well how long ago was it that u heard me?...I only started doing solo stuff in 2001 and I've taken a few breaks from it in that period of time due to a hand injury that left me unable to play guitar for many months...so I don't have the same experience or confidence that performers like Jo McCafferty does...who in my opinion is the best singer songwriter in Aberdeen. However' date=' I also have been to singing lessons..in classical music but I don't use any of what I learned from my lessons because I'm doing my own thing. I just think people don't think before they post on this forum because if see ur name on a forum called ' the worst band in aberdeen' would you be ok with it? Far all you know your name might be on a thread like this one day.[/quote']

it was back in the day. can't remember when exactly but a couple years ago anyway. but like i said before, i wasn't the one who named you as the worst in aberdeen, i was merely disagreeing with popo. i don't think you're the worst, and i don't think you're bad.

but if i saw my name on a thread like this, i'd probably either laugh it off or ignore it because a) i feel it's more dignified to do so and b) it's only aberdeen-music and i try not to take that too seriously. believe me, as a singer i've received criticism in the past, mainly when i was at school doing aberdeen music festival performances and stuff but i can't remember what's been said because i've never paid too much attention to it. the way i see it, as long as i'm happy with how i performed, i'm happy full stop.

and if i ever get the band i'm trying to get together off the ground, we may well end up on a list like this but as long as people come to see us play and we have fun, we'll be happy.

on my god u are being serious...yes I really want to meet u. Yes I'm there on sat..cool :up:

I'm getting flashbacks now...u smaller than I am with glasses?

oh come on !!!

big muscular, no glasses.

i will see you gorgeous on saturday !!

xx

Normally I would agree with you...but u must admit ur post gave the impression u were saying i was one of the worst in aberdeen?...because u were backing stuart up in his claims. Well only time will tell if you have to cross that bridge we'll see how dignifed you are. Its very easy to say it doesn't matterbut its not so easy to do. Plus not every one has your confidence...some of us do what we do cos we love it but are not super confidence. You have to accept that what u post on these boards affects those of us like that and so if you don't want to upset people don't post stuff like that.

it was back in the day. can't remember when exactly but a couple years ago anyway. but like i said before' date=' i wasn't the one who named you as the worst in aberdeen, i was merely disagreeing with popo. i don't think you're the worst, and i don't think you're bad.

but if i saw my name on a thread like this, i'd probably either laugh it off or ignore it because a) i feel it's more dignified to do so and b) it's only aberdeen-music and i try not to take that too seriously. believe me, as a singer i've received criticism in the past, mainly when i was at school doing aberdeen music festival performances and stuff but i can't remember what's been said because i've never paid too much attention to it. the way i see it, as long as i'm happy with how i performed, i'm happy full stop.

and if i ever get the band i'm trying to get together off the ground, we may well end up on a list like this but as long as people come to see us play and we have fun, we'll be happy.[/quote']

do you realise how up yourself you sound here?

do you realise how up yourself you sound here?

i'm not being up myself, i'm telling it like it is. things that are said on aberdeen-music are mostly unimportant in the grand scheme of things and i do live my life with the feeling that if i'm happy with the way i've done something, regardless of whether it's musical/intellectual/menial then no one's gonna change that. i'm sorry if by having that kind of outlook in life i'm up myself. i just think it's a sign of maturity.

on a side note, stuart (jester) said he didn't like projects jonny lucifer was in because 'his voice grates'. jonny didn't respond because it doesn't matter and what one person thinks of him isn't gonna change the way he makes music.

look i'm not out to upset anyone but i'm not gonna contain my opinions just so i don't hurt someone's feelings. if everyone did that on these boards' date=' they'd be a really dull place to be.[/quote']

well mel that's true,

but consider ,,

at who's expence are you getting your fun?

it would be dull, but then its not you having your singing criticised,

i am pretty sure the bands and singers who have there named here would much rather have it 'dull' !!!

Guest Stripey
i'm sorry if by having that kind of outlook in life i'm up myself. i just think it's a sign of maturity.

You are far from mature, little one. I find the persona you have on here noxious.

on my god u are being serious...yes I really want to meet u. Yes I'm there on sat..cool :up:

I'm getting flashbacks now...u smaller than I am with glasses?

ok i,'ll come clean,

i was winding you up, i am not a singer,

did a stand up comedy gig,

and thought you were a great wee singer,

lol

hope i cheered you up a little

As far as I can read, no one else has gotten all indignant at being called 'worse'. Get over it, it's one person's opinion. Getting onstage infront people pretty much means that they'll form opinions of what you do, and if you can't accept that some of those might be negative, then you should re-consider what you're doing. Besides, this site exists for poeple to post their opinions. Live with it, or ignore it.

As far as I can read' date=' no one else has gotten all indignant at being called 'worse'. Get over it, it's one person's opinion. Getting onstage infront people pretty much means that they'll form opinions of what you do, and if you can't accept that some of those might be negative, then you should re-consider what you're doing. Besides, this site exists for poeple to post their opinions. Live with it, or ignore it.[/quote']

Some people do get more upset than others tho, that's the nature of people and the fact they're different. I do agree that people shouldn't take whgta is read here too seriousaly, at the same point it might help if people backed up whay they dislike the band instead of syaing they're crap. IU think that telling someomne to 'get over it' isn't particularly constructive, everyone hasa right to say what they feel, but they also have a right to get upset about it and express that.

Cheers

Stuart

Some people do get more upset than others tho' date=' that's the nature of people and the fact they're different. I do agree that people shouldn't take whgta is read here too seriousaly, at the same point it might help if people backed up whay they dislike the band instead of syaing they're crap. IU think that telling someomne to 'get over it' isn't particularly constructive, everyone hasa right to say what they feel, but they also have a right to get upset about it and express that.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

wise words stuart,

say i think i saw you at jo mccaffertys gig at dr drakes, and emma's in cafe drummonds.

dont suppose you fancy a date?

Sure, it's fine to counter an opinion, but reading (relatively) impartially, I can say that Emma has more than given out what she's taken in terms of 'opinion'. So it works both ways, Mel just refrained from turning 'round and saying "don't criticise me, I'm a sensitive artiste", because you know that doesn't happen in the world. What happens if Emma gets a bad review in a magazine (not saying it would happen, but it certainly could), is she (and her friends) going to write in complaining that her feelings have been hurt?

And let's face it - voices are something that are very objective things to judge, you don't like mine - fine, I'm cool with that, because it's just what you think, I don't hate you or consider your opinions any less valid, I could *see* how my voice could get that reaction from someone with your musical tastes. See what I mean. I'm not gonna try and change your opinion, so I don't see how calling Mel 'noxious' is really fair in any way....