aberdeen-music

Funeral For A Friend DVD Release

psydoll

FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND are set to release their first DVD collection.

'Spilling Blood In 8mm' charts the Welsh hardcore outfit's meteoric rise over the last 18 months' date=' and is released on September 20.

The 122-minute disc includes a full live show recorded in London earlier this year, as well as a complete videography, which includes the complete 'Trilogy' series, created for the band's download singles. A tour documentary completes the package.

The DVD's title is derived from a lyric from the band's hit 'She Drove Me To Daytime Television'.

Funeral For A Friend headline the Radio 1 stage at this year's Carling Weekend Reading and Leeds festivals.

[/quote']

Spot the 'deliberate' mistake :rolleyes:

Might well be some Aberdeen footage but I don't actively recall anyone filming the gigs but then it's a while ago and drink was involved innit?

I think it's a pretty good idea really - a wee Welsh band have built themselves into a position of influencing loads of new bands [for better or worse :p ] and they seem to have a sense of humour which always aids these types of DVDs for the better :)

Having said that I think I'll wait until the library is lending it out to see it.

Quite funny really...

Funeral were the great british Underground band.... loved by almost everyone that heard their first EP.... And now barely anyone who championed them at the start wants to admit to listening to them.

It`s like the Lost Prophets..... Sounded like a cross between Duran Duran and Faith No More but both have produced good underground albums / EPs.... What has followed is still poppy but it does bring the "underground scene" into the spot light and if one of those kids buys a FNM album or gets into The Haunted or whatever then surely it`s worth it.

The Public are Fickle......

Well I dont like f4af. I did like Juno(the old version with the original band members) but the new version just sounded more bland. Ive heard a lot of the album and think it is quite boring.

I think I may like the older stuff but I definately dont like the album.

I didnt say they shouldnt release a dvd. I was just moaning because Brand New aint got a dvd out yet and most bands seem to nowadays. Read my post again. I did read ross' post I was just saying that Ive not liked funeral for a friend before because it seemed liek his post was directed to me.

we were ment (meat?) to support them at the dungeon a couple of years ago' date=' but they pulled out.

they would have whooped our asses, metal style - we played shite that night.[/quote']

Tis true.

I asked them to play the Union shortly after their debut EP release and coulda had them for next to nothing but the Union being the tight-arsed monkeys they were refused.

Same happened with Biffy Clyro.