aberdeen-music

Radiohead - The King of Limbs

Paranoid Android

wow, that makes it sound like you've never heard any other radiohead album but the bends (or *cringe* pablo honey), or infact any album not solely made with guitar, bass and drums.

I had hoped the placement of tongue in cheek would have been reasonably obvious there ;)

Having said that, I can't really be bothered with any Radiohead post OK Computer. Their destruction of True Love Waits still annoys.

Their destruction of True Love Waits still annoys.

What do you mean? Because of the keyboard version they starting using live as an intro to Everything in it's right place?

The only version ever released is the one on the I Might Be Wrong Live Ep which is pretty much as it originally was.

My ranking of their albums

Kid A > OK Computer > Amnesiac > In Rainbows > Hail to the Thief > The Bends > Pablo Honey

Not long now!!

I'm quite enjoying not knowing what the album will sound like. I'm expecting it to be a progression from In Rainbows but it would be a typical thing for them to do to throw a curveball and do something competely different.

I've heard a couple new tracks over the last year or so on YouTube so will just have to see if they've made the album.

I haven't listened much to anything that's been around for the last couple of years. Mainly because new songs have only really been played by thom solo or by thom with atoms for peace and have never really felt like anything close to a finished track.

I really liked the song "These are my twisted words" that they released last year but that (like Harry Patch) is apparently a one off and wont be on the album.

I do like the uncertainty.

I loved the Harry Patch song, more of a Thom and Jonny effort than Radiohead but a cracker nonetheless. I get the impression In Rainbows/These Are My Twisted Words is kind of where they are at soundwise so I guess why I'm expecting King of Limbs to sound similar. However, I felt In Rainbows was a natural progression from Hail to the Thief just like Amnesiac was to Kid A so maybe time for a different direction.

To be honest, it could sound like farts and I'd still like it.

Radiohead release The King Of Limbs Live coverage | Music | guardian.co.uk

A representative from XL records has just sent this email out:

Radiohead have brought forward the digital release of their new album "The King Of Limbs" by 24 hours with the album now being sent to those who pre-ordered it earlier this week. It is also available for new orders through RADIOHEAD | Dead Air Space at a fixed price of 6. A special edition is also available.

With everything ready on their website, the band decided to bring forward the release by a day rather than wait until the planned date of Saturday, Feb 19 to deliver the music.

Go to the kingoflimbs.com and go to order tracking

album can be downloaded NOW

Fuck being at work...FUCK! I will be downloading the shit out of this when I get home.

Top 5 tracks:

Paranoid Android

Let Down

Just

There There

Street Spirit

Special mentions to Idioteque, House of Cards and Fake Plastic Trees. The above may change as of tonight.

ok, initial take on it all....

Its ace.

Very glitchy, dubsteppy, woozy and laid back.

Very few guitars hidden in most tracks. An acoustic guitar on Give up the ghost tho.

Yorkes vocals are low & dreamy.

Codex is the most normal track a piano ballad of sorts.

Only 8 tracks and 38 minutes in length.

Overall, Im very happy.

For fans of - Four Tet, Flying Lotus, "The Eraser", "Bodysong".

Not for fans of - Britpop, "The Bends".

Listen to at 3am for full dreamlike state effect.

Going to listen to it again.