aberdeen-music

Does anyone else collect/buy art

jester1470

Does anyone here buy any art ? I've recently started off buying the odd affordable piece, just kind of as an investment and cos I like it, but I generally go for fantasy art. So far I've bought some Geoff Taylor, some ink ones from David Eddings books and this one:

n30240.jpg

Also just bought a sketch by Rodney Matthews who is one of my favourites.

63421_467637723509_537533509_5653365_408085_n.jpg

There's a few artists i'd love to own something by, does anyone else collect artwork, whether prints or original ?

Theer's a few artists I'd love to own an original of like Mark Wilkinson, but thatmight come in time hopefully.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Gladstone

Got a couple of originals hanging in my hoose by local artists.

We commissioned a guy from Peterhead (Jack Findlay) (wedding present from my mum) to paint a scene of Mormond Hill with our house at the front of the picture. It's very good and obviously one of a kind, and personal to us.

We have another one, that was fairly cheap that we found I think in Sterling (the furniture / everything under the sun shop) which is an original, but not sure who the artist is to be honest!

But, we were round many many galleries looking for a picture for that wedding present until we eventually just got one painted for us. Some really good stuff out there, which isn't ridiculously expensive either - I always thought that original paintings would be thousands of pounds, but they really don't have to be!

we've got a nice painting from a costa rican artist which is a reminder of our honeymoon, and we pick up cheap prints on holiday as reminders. must start buying more local art though.

i have two silkscreened ltd edition idlewild posters framed, from the 5 nights at king tuts gigs. they're pretty cool but i don't know who designed them.

I have a Vettriano silkscreen print in my room. It's inherited, otherwise I'd have never been able to afford it, but I'd like to add to it one day. There's the one hanging and another print of his I'd love to own.

Apart from that, I have a print of a Hellboy drawing done by a guy I met at Comiccon that I need to get framed.

Yes, I collect fantasy art too and have works by Larry Elmore, Chris Achilleos, Ron Spencer (magic the gathering) to name a few.

Desperately want George Underwoods Necroscope cover art.

Just been speaking to Chris Achilleos asking him if he had any of the original Doctor Who artwork he did which was incredibly iconic but sadly he said that's all gone, I'd love to own dome of that.

I have a Vettriano silkscreen print in my room. It's inherited, otherwise I'd have never been able to afford it, but I'd like to add to it one day. There's the one hanging and another print of his I'd love to own.

Apart from that, I have a print of a Hellboy drawing done by a guy I met at Comiccon that I need to get framed.

Ridiculously jealous of your Vettriano owning. Silkscreen too. Corrr.