aberdeen-music

Second hand tube amps?

EnkaiScreamer

He said he was after a clean channel LOL.

You could maybe get a valve king for 200 if you look about, get that and a tube screamer and you'd be ok,

does the 6505 not have a clean channel?

and yeh i was looking at the peavey valveking :)

do you know much about "bugera" amps? ive seen videos and they appear to kick peaveys ass in price vs quality

does the 6505 not have a clean channel?

and yeh i was looking at the peavey valveking :)

do you know much about "bugera" amps? ive seen videos and they appear to kick peaveys ass in price vs quality

Hey do have a clean, but its the worst thing ever. haha

Bugera are behringers replica series, good value for money, close to the real thing, but not the best build quality. Loads of horror storys of they coming broken, or lasting a few hours before parts melt.

A Valveking would be a good call, One of the guys from Enrapture had one, gave a good enough tone. TS-1 would make it better,

I personally don't rate the Valve King. When I was shopping around the bottom end of the valve amp range, I found the VK to be amongst the worst. They are okay, but they really don't offer much character. It's hard to describe, just a very lifeless, dull tone.

DSL50's go cheap on ebay. Perhaps around 300. The clean tone is a huge improvement from the JCM900, and there's loads of gain. It really snarls with pedal infront of the lead channel too.

I have a DSL 100 and i wish id bought the 50.

Ive had to buy a volumiser to control the volume while cranking the amp to get the most out of the valves.

Having said that, the 100watts comes in handy for DIY shows.

And even with out the external volume control, i still get a pretty decent cranked sound on stage.

What ever you do, if youre buying Marshall - stay away from the AVT series. They are poor amps.

I have a DSL 100 and i wish id bought the 50.

Ive had to buy a volumiser to control the volume while cranking the amp to get the most out of the valves.

Having said that, the 100watts comes in handy for DIY shows.

And even with out the external volume control, i still get a pretty decent cranked sound on stage.

What ever you do, if youre buying Marshall - stay away from the AVT series. They are poor amps.

MG too. and Mode Four. Most of the modern Marshall's are a bit dire, except the JCM2000. The Vintage Modern is alright too, though if I had that amount of money to spend on an amp, I wouldn't buy that one.

I disagree, my AVT50 Head is an ace wee beast. It is serving me very well, to the point where I am trying to source another one to have as a spare.. I love it. I have heard horror stories with the other models in the AVT range but I can not fault the 50H like espically when it is paired with a quality cab.

We can all dream of owning an ace valve amp though. Personally I would love to get my hands on a jcm800 but... i can not justify it at the moment, when my avt50 works so well, plus means saving up for a fair while to buy a jcm lol

I'm yet to be convinced by any solid state live to be honest. Except one or two that cost like over a rand or something in which case you would expect it to be in the same league as a valve. The only one that comes to mind is the one dimebag used to use, the randall. Even then i could be wrong, in which case, Go Valves!

I bought said Randall - the 1987 RG100ES. Sounded great live and was a steal at 240 with the RARE footswitch.

I still prefer the ENGL though.