aberdeen-music

A new grunge band :P

SooperKeef

you gave an offer of managing :p never seen it

Sigh.... page 107

"Well I didnt think Id ever hear a band that might tempt me out of band management retirement...

I think 25% of gross is fair

Sign below

.............................................................................................."

perhaps escape to victory have done all this as a very clever and intricate marketing ploy to get people along to their gig at the tunnels...

I initially suspected that one of my band mates from Escape to Victory may have been responsible for this - they all have some home recording equipment, Kirk has a collection of photographs of teenage boys and they're all good at grunge - but then I remembered that none of them have a back garden.

This gig exists. As do Shutterspeed who will be opening, presumably, with an extended version of 'Doberman'.

Alan, it's ok if you're scooting off after Shutterspeed - we'll still have your money! Who'll be your favourite 'debutant' of the evening though? Hmmmmm Hmmmmmm.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone
Okay now I don't know what to think. The only possible way to resolve this is to turn up on the 7th and see what happens.

You see.

It has worked.

The cunning bastards.

I don't doubt that you're real.

But, I'm going to be honest now - those recordings are really bad. I'm starting to think that they were done intentionally bad, because there's no way you could listen back to those recordings and think they were good enough to put up on myspace and then fire them into a music forum and ask people's honest opinions.

Something quite magical happened in this thread - I would actually have just expected everyone to just tell you the recordings were shit straight away, but everyone jumped on the bandwagon and pretended it was great.

Now, you're going to have complete strangers turning up to your gig, even if it is just for a laugh, and if you turn out to be half decent, you'll probably end up with a few followers. In fact if you play as bad as those recordings, you'll probably end up with a pretty good cult following...

Good work

:up:

Careful, Bigsby will tell you your band is wank if you are honest about ShitterSpeed.

:laughing:

Guest idol_wild
I initially suspected that one of my band mates from Escape to Victory may have been responsible for this - they all have some home recording equipment, Kirk has a collection of photographs of teenage boys and they're all good at grunge - but then I remembered that none of them have a back garden.

This gig exists. As do Shutterspeed who will be opening, presumably, with an extended version of 'Doberman'.

Alan, it's ok if you're scooting off after Shutterspeed - we'll still have your money! Who'll be your favourite 'debutant' of the evening though? Hmmmmm Hmmmmmm.

Wires are crossed. There's no Debutant gig that night.

My band's album launch is in Glasgow that night. But I'm going to miss it and come to see Shutterspeed instead.

lol we are practising our setlist >_> <_<

this gig has the potential to be up there with the classic gigs of all time such as the pistols at screen on the green or dylan going electric. it'll be one of those where millions will claim to have been there but in reality only a select few will have seen it. this gig will change people's life and i would expect to see grown men crying. fuck if i had the money i'd be trekking up from rural east anglia to see this spectacular show.