aberdeen-music

Aberzine: Captain FACE / Panda Eyes / Which Way Now / Bob Knight @ Tunnels 9th April

Lemonade

It was a really good night, all the bands were awesome. Which Way Now have jumped right up to the top of my favourite Aberdeen bands list. Bob did really well as an acoustic act. Panda Eyes were sounding wonderful, and Captain Face tore it up big time! Lots of boogying during the FACE, and a floor show of pissed people wrestling with bouncers. Didn't get many punters through the door which was a little disappointing, but hey, I did my best and for a first effort at promotion I'm pretty pleased with it! Bands finished at 12 and I spent the following three hours getting drunk with Nev, Woodsinho, Jan and Marie Claire. Listened to a LOT of Bikini Kill. Good times, good people!

Cheers man! And thanks for having us, we all had a great night too. Unfortunately I missed Bob's set due to a guitar player wanting company while he dropped his car off at home in order to come back in and drink but luckily, we were back just in time for Panda Eyes who were most good! We then had to go meet up with friends (mates birthday night out) so we never saw Captain Face, but I intend on catching them soon, not seen them in ages.

I'd quite like for you to review our E.P if possible, 'tis always nice to hear what folk who aren't your mates (and therefore don't feel compelled to go "woah! you're amazing") think of your stuff. Any chance you could have a listen to the tunes on myspazz and express your opinions on your fine website?

Cheers man! And thanks for having us, we all had a great night too. Unfortunately I missed Bob's set due to a guitar player wanting company while he dropped his car off at home in order to come back in and drink but luckily, we were back just in time for Panda Eyes who were most good! We then had to go meet up with friends (mates birthday night out) so we never saw Captain Face, but I intend on catching them soon, not seen them in ages.

I'd quite like for you to review our E.P if possible, 'tis always nice to hear what folk who aren't your mates (and therefore don't feel compelled to go "woah! you're amazing") think of your stuff. Any chance you could have a listen to the tunes on myspazz and express your opinions on your fine website?

I can and will. I meant to pick up one of your EPs at the gig last night actually, but I guess I forgot. I'm planning coming down to the Moorings to see you this Saturday anyway so I'll pick one up then. You all took off before I could pay you as well, so I've got some s to give you - don't let me forget! Not a fortune but every little helps. :up:

Only until midnight Plinthy, then it became Saturday due to the simple and unstoppable passage of time.

I have never, ever heard anyone else go out of an evening on one day and then start referring to the night out in the context of the following day.

Just because you have a natty blazer, you can't go fucking with the rules man.