aberdeen-music

Best Punk Act nominations thread! my lord! but what IS 'punk'?

The Ghost Of Fudge

Originally posted by The Ghost Of Fudge

they haven't played for us this year. disqualified, aggggg, yeah baby, cock weasel. etc

i vote POO.

Woo! We've never been nominated before... But we always seem to do well in the open categories.

:)

None of these bands are punk you fuck. None of them are from the 60s, or swear on day time TV shows, or oppose Margaret Thatcher's tyranical EVIL rule of the world, or have big nose rings, or have "punx" tatooed on their knuckles.

I nominate The Clash. They're eligible. failing that......erm.............Ian Simpson? He makes good music.... oops wrong box...hmmmm

yeh put 10 Easy Wishes on the list. NoW!

PUNX FOREVA!

Guest Mr Blastcap

sidca are a punk rock band. in the traditional sense of the word. we dont sound like blink 182 though, or green day. but then thewy are not punk, they are shit mtv music. yup, we should win this one as well.

Guest Zombie Re-Munched

Re: Re: Re: fair play!

Originally posted by Bob

Prog punk! A new genre.

Can't really imagine a punk song that lasts about 45 minutes.

Plus i don't think i'd really like to imagine what would happen if Rick Wakeman was to join The Damned.

Isn't anyone else surprised that Orwell, Dedalus or Hookers Green haven't been nominated for this award?

Christ, looking through the rest of the threads, looks as though they've been nominated for every other fucking award.

Hookers Green will no doubt win Best Extreme Hoovering To Music Act and Orwell should win Best Hiphop Singing In A Moving Car Act and Dedalus will win Best International Armed Forces Marching Music.

Guest stuartmaxwell

Re: Re: Re: Re: fair play!

Originally posted by Zombie Re-Munched

Hookers Green will no doubt win Best Extreme Hoovering To Music Act and Orwell should win Best Hiphop Singing In A Moving Car Act and Dedalus will win Best International Armed Forces Marching Music.

ha ha ha

i would probably say karloff as they are punk unlike some others who have been nominated and they are fucking good at the punk thing

karloff:bat: