aberdeen-music

Hooray For Humans, Cast of the Capital + Pensioner @ Cellar 35 | 22nd October

Huw

Autumn Jams, yo!

Hooray for Humans

Dead good Irish four-piece touring the UK again. I believe this is their first time in Aberdeen. These guys play uplifting, singalong pop rock with enough hooks to keep even those with even the shortest attention spans interested.

Hooray For Humans on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Pensioner

A band comprised of ex-members of Juliet Kilo and Alamos and current members of Dormant Figure, Gong Fei, Fat Goth and Little Anchors(!) playing an unorthodox blend of 'rock'. Up to Aberdeen as part of a mini tour with Cast of the Capital.

Pensioner on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cast Of The Capital

Homegrown darlings, who play college indie like Death Cab and Grandaddy. Over the past 6 months or so these lads have managed to rustle up quite a stir and they have a new EP "Rotten Kids and Haverstacks" out now.

Cast Of The Capital on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Thursday 22nd October 2009

Cellar 35

8PM

The venue may change as Cellar are pretty nervous about everything these days.

Poster will follow. Apologies for the less than creative/good descriptions, I don't seem to have it in me today.

Alan H4H has just informed me that apparently the Hooray for Human van has blown up as of today!

Hopefully they'll still be able to make it up. All I could recommend was AIG, but if anybody else knows any good van hire places post 'em and I can pass them on. Or contact the band yourselves if you like.

Not entirely sure. They'll prolly be on last and we'll be starting around 830. Have to be done by 11.

About 10 I reckon.

Hooray for Humans have had to pay pretty much double what they expected for this tour due to their van issues, so if you can come down and enjoy them. They are dead good!

Guest Gladstone

Any idea what time COTC will be on?

I'm attending a different gig tonight, but won't be heading there till about 10ish probably. Yet to attend a Cellar 35 gig too, so this could be a winner.

Guest Gladstone

Tempting, very tempting. Will see if I can persuade the missus. You're bound to say yes, but are Pensioner good...?

I'll give the missus the option of this gig or sitting watching the Celtic match, and see which she prefers. I'll be happy enough with either (until Celtic start getting turned over at home by Hamburg - cue, going to Cellar 35 at half time, everyone's a winner).

Tempting, very tempting. Will see if I can persuade the missus. You're bound to say yes, but are Pensioner good...?

I'll give the missus the option of this gig or sitting watching the Celtic match, and see which she prefers. I'll be happy enough with either (until Celtic start getting turned over at home by Hamburg - cue, going to Cellar 35 at half time, everyone's a winner).

The myspace link is at the top man! Decide for yourself.

Guest Gladstone
The myspace link is at the top man! Decide for yourself.

That's the obvious answer but myspace is blocked at work. Strangely I can get into Facebook, Bebo, pretty much any site I want to except Myspace.

That's the obvious answer but myspace is blocked at work. Strangely I can get into Facebook, Bebo, pretty much any site I want to except Myspace.

Yeah they're decent. I couldn't pinpoint influences really. They kinda sound like a mix of all the other bands they've been in.