aberdeen-music

New Radio 1 line up

Lemonade

Aye - that's been considered.

I like listening to the radio though, particularly in the car. I tend to not have enough time to try and listen to any new music / bands that I am unaware of, but I spend a couple of hours a day in the car, so it would be ace to be able to pick up some new bands from a radio station on my way to work...!

Pure Highway DAB In Car Radio: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Guest Gladstone
I bought one similar to this a while back:

CAR MP3 PLAYER FM TRANSMITTER USB PENDRIVE/SD/MMC SLOT on eBay (end time 09-Jan-11 19:21:47 GMT)

Works brilliantly, means you can just plug a USB stick or SD card in, turns itself on and off automatically, means you don't have to fanny about unplugging your MP3 player and taking it with you every time.

Cheap Chinese crap but mine has been working fine for over a year.

My bloody cigarette lighter doesn't work, so neither will that...!! Looks good though!

Guest Gladstone

Nick Grimshaw's voice is annoying, but I listened to about an hour of his show yesterday and actually enjoyed it. He didn't talk too much, so I only had to put up with his nasally voice for small periods at a time. The music he played was so much better than the usual gash you get from Scott Mills.

I know it will never happen, but I'd love it if Radio 1 just went for it and filled their daytime shows with In New Music We Trust DJs. If they trusted in the new music so much, why not fill their primetime shows with it...?

The reception for in car DAB radio's up here is still really poor, I've had a DAB car stereo for a couple of years and its only in the last few months that I could just about get good enough quality on the move to actually use it, even then I just generally tune into Radio 4 and listen to that :p

Nick Grimshaw's voice is annoying, but I listened to about an hour of his show yesterday and actually enjoyed it. He didn't talk too much, so I only had to put up with his nasally voice for small periods at a time. The music he played was so much better than the usual gash you get from Scott Mills.

I know it will never happen, but I'd love it if Radio 1 just went for it and filled their daytime shows with In New Music We Trust DJs. If they trusted in the new music so much, why not fill their primetime shows with it...?

That whole "In New Music We Trust" thing annoys me. Why such emphasis on new music, instead of just good music?

Guest Gladstone
That whole "In New Music We Trust" thing annoys me. Why such emphasis on new music, instead of just good music?

Ken fit you mean.

It's just a tagline. During Grimshaw's "In New Music We Trust" show yesterday, he played Bob Dylan's Like A Rolling Stone, and Zane Lowe's been playing a couple of older tunes relevant to his guests, such as Don't Panic by Coldplay this morning, Intergalactic Planetary yesterday morning etc.

Just playing music instead of speaking shite would be a good step forward for Radio 1...