aberdeen-music

Sick of music.....

berni907

What's with bands that do nothing but "scream" into the microphones?

It's sometimes depressing 'cause the music is really amazing, but their "singer" can't sing, they just scream... Must admit that sometimes screaming can sound pretty damn cool, but jeez, calm down.

bands like "bring me the horizon" it's like... what the fuck? their singer looks like an angry baby, and for the most part, sounds like one.

And no abuse... this is merely an observation. ?(?(?(

Excuse me but you just made a thread about A7X - now your complaining about bands that do nothing but scream?!?

HAVE YOU HEARD EARLY A7X!?

Jesus wept!

he did mention in an earlier post that he found the first a7x album to be.. well i can't remember the exact words, but basically it was shitty in his opinion.

and hey berni, this thread is basically the same as the one about brokencyde, no?

Yes he did, but theres liking certain albums or aspects of a band and then criticising other bands without appreciating how bands started off in the first place. It's the principal of the matter!

Berni, what other bands are you into, influence you or plainly just like?

Alice Cooper, Metallica, Maiden, Black Sabbath, Queens of the stone age, Motley Crue (guilty pleasure) Joe Satriani etcetc

I know what you're getting at. i just hate screaming. sometimes the music is amazing but... screaming annoys me. i have to say that avenged sevenfolds sounding the seventh trumpet was awful. i liked a couple of songs off waking the fallen, but really city of evil and avenged sevenfold are the best albums in my opinion. not that anyone elses opinions are invalid.

I like unholy confessions, and all things will end, chapter four and i won't see you tonight part 1 from waking the fallen.

It's just the style, listen to Misery Signals The Year Summer Ended In June, The amazing melodic music in contrast to the aggressive screaming, can help build the tension the band are going for, I know your not picking a fight, but maybe you'll learn to love it, i doubt there are many people who instantly feel in love with a band the first time they heard screaming.

I'll give it a listen. :)

It's just the style, listen to Misery Signals The Year Summer Ended In June, The amazing melodic music in contrast to the aggressive screaming, can help build the tension the band are going for, I know your not picking a fight, but maybe you'll learn to love it, i doubt there are many people who instantly feel in love with a band the first time they heard screaming.

That band, and that song are fucking amazing. The sadness and agoiny of losing bandmates in their bus crash is conveyed brilliantly in that song.

As for this thread; for every band that just "screams into their microphone" there are literally hundreds of thousands that don't. I don't really understand what the actual aim of this thread is.

Alice Cooper, Metallica, Maiden, Black Sabbath, Queens of the stone age, Motley Crue (guilty pleasure) Joe Satriani etcetc

If you listen to Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper and Joe Satriani I don't see why Motley Crue is a guilty pleasure.

A guilty pleasure would be frequently wanking over pictures of your brother when he was 4 years old.

There is nothing wrong with listening to Motley Crue (especially if you like similar artists). :up:

If you listen to Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper and Joe Satriani I don't see why Motley Crue is a guilty pleasure.

A guilty pleasure would be frequently wanking over pictures of your brother when he was 4 years old.

There is nothing wrong with listening to Motley Crue (especially if you like similar artists). :up:

yeah i hate when people say that too.

If you like something, why is it a guilty pleasure? You like it, who cares what anyone else thinks.

I fucking love Motley Crue!

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Productive thread A++++ would read again

LOL!

For the OP, I think you'll find that if you stop listening to whack metalcore music you might actually find some bands that don't scream all the time. I have this great thing going where I don't have to listen to anybody screaming unless I want to. I can choose not to listen to bands with guitars in them if I want to do so. I can even listen to nothing at all sometimes!

This thread is ridiculous because it implies that one cannot avoid bands with screaming vocalists...why not just listen to something else?

I've compiled some artists who don't scream for berni to check out.

1. Prince Nico Mbarga 93262008_edba2909b7_m.jpg

2. Serge Gainsbourg jeanloup-sieff-serge-gainsbourg-1970.jpg

3. Take That take-that-pic.jpg

Can you find the rest? Gotta catch 'em all.

I was frankly amazed to discover (thanks tam) that there are acts that don't scream. It's really opened up my musical appreciation. I've now found several artists that don't scream such as The Beatles, Tammy Wynette, The Drifters and Dean Martin. I did discover a guy called James Blunt who doesn't actually scream but he makes ME want to. Be Careful what you wish for is the moral of this story.

Well not really considering APPARENTLY guns n roses fought against bands like that... and metallica did. but hey, in nikki sixx's heroin diaries he was apparently good friends with slash and izzy. don't know who's lying. haha