aberdeen-music

Archives - 'Decline'

Dizzy Storm

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im really sorry, but there seems to be a slight problem with the cds, to say the least. they did arrive today, but im not gonna sell them to anyone. trying to get to the bottom of why they dont play, basically. seems to have been some sort of fuck up along the way? hmm o_O

sorry peeps. looks like there is gonna be an even bigger delay with this album. not really my fault, as far as i can see at the moment ;(

Yeah this is bad news :(

As an attempt at some kind of apology, I have thrown up a live recording of a set we played at The Balcony in Dundee on 18/06/2008 with Who Calls So Loud, it has some of the album tracks on it ken like fit. Do bear in mind that it was a mic into a laptop.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

1. a sharp increase in decline

2. victory gin

3. what's with all the brutal honesty?

4. divine circuitry

I cant remember why we didn't play any of the other songs that night, think this was the one where we chucked it

• 2 weeks later...
new batch of discs being despatched to me on june 16th, next tues i believe :)

LONGEST.WAIT.FOR.A.RELEASE.EVER :rolleyes::p

This is not true...think of "Chinese Democracy" by Guns And Roses.

How long did that take to come? 15 years or something?

still, good news, looking forward to it.

Game on and all that.

ok. cds arrived today! sounding good! and will be for sale from Retro Rebels tomorrow (or today?) 18th June at a cost of 6. shall get copies to One Up asap and get myspace link going, hopefully by tomorrow night :)

only one wee blip. no track listing/band name/album title comes up when inserted into computer. woooops. but not to worry, you can get then from album cover if you really not that familiar! sorryyyyy :p

ok. Cds arrived today! Sounding good! And will be for sale from retro rebels tomorrow (or today?) 18th june at a cost of 6. Shall get copies to one up asap and get myspace link going, hopefully by tomorrow night :)

only one wee blip. No track listing/band name/album title comes up when inserted into computer. Woooops. But not to worry, you can get then from album cover if you really not that familiar! Sorryyyyy :p

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssss!

at last, Archives 'Decline' can be purchased online :)

Dizzy Storm @ Big Cartel

oh and for local peeps its also in One Up :)

Got this from One Up yesterday. The tunes are unquestionably brilliant, as they were live. Seem to remember A Sharp Increase... and Victory Gin very well. Is there some vocals missing from some of the tunes though? I seem to remember a few more vocal trade offs between Maxi and Dave live compared to what's on the album? Think they were in Skvotter and Decline.

I only have a few gripes really and the rest is all posi: I wish this was recorded when Dave's voice was still tip-top. Listening back to the old Boss Koala stuff he used to rip it up. Not his fault, these things can come and go from day to day. And what is up with the Hi-Hat in what's With All The Brutal Honesty?!!!

Despite all this, it'll prolly get played till the CD no longer works.

WE'VE BEEN FEEELIIIIIIIIIIING!

aye, i really like it to. I got the original mix when it came out and thought it lacked a lot of bass, this seems to have been corrected, but imo, the kick drum is just a little too loud.

But regardless, great band, great tunes and still one of my favourite scottish bands of all time.

YAS!

aye, i really like it to. I got the original mix when it came out and thought it lacked a lot of bass, this seems to have been corrected, but imo, the kick drum is just a little too loud.

But regardless, great band, great tunes and still one of my favourite scottish bands of all time.

YAS!

Agreed with all of this. There is a ton of Scottish bands I love right now, but Archie still tops the charts.

Just to clarify, pretty much everything apart from what I said earlier was good about this record!

Listened to pretty much all of it on the way home. Still reckon 'Breaking Bread...' should have been on it though. That riff at the end . WHOAH!