aberdeen-music

New Megadeth Album/Single

Fast Caz

MEGADETH have selected "Die Dead Enough" as the first single from their upcoming CD, "The System Has Failed", due on September 14 through Sanctuary Records. The single will go to metal radio around July 19 and rock radio approximately July 26.

"The System Has Failed" was recorded at Phase Four studios in Tempe, Arizona and is set to feature cover artwork by Ed Repka. Joining mainman Dave Mustaine on the recording are drummer Vinnie Colaiuta and bassist Jimmy Sloas. Additional lead guitar tracks were laid down by former MEGADETH guitarist Chris Poland.

"The System Has Failed" track listing:

01. Blackmail The Universe

02. Shadow Of Death

03. My Kingdom

04. Of Mice And Men

05. Truth Be Told

06. The Scorpion

07. Kick The Chair

08. Something That I'm Not

09. Tears In A Vial

10. Die Dead Enough

11. Back In The Day

The upcoming CD will be preceded by reissues by all seven of MEGADETH's studio albums recorded during the group's tenure with Capitol Records. Mustaine remixed, remastered and restored each album, all of which will feature previously unreleased tracks as well as demos and alternate mixes, and newly penned liner notes.

"The System Has Failed" will be MEGADETH's first since the announcement that Mustaine was disbanding the group following a serious accident in early 2002. At the time, it was unknown if severe nerve damage in his left arm would leave him able to perform again.

Are people REALLY excited about Megadeth still? Yeah' date=' I love "Countdown..." and previous, and even dig a few of the later tunes, but the last album was stale, and "Kick The Chair" was more of the same. Quit while you're ahead, Mustaine....[/quote']

DONT DISS MUSTAINE! hes a metal legend, megadave lives on! They're still there to produce good material id say, no one can keep up massive levels of good music like them forever, onyhoo, does anyone know what their line up is now? i heard marty got arthritus or something and isnt in the band nemore :S :band:

DONT DISS MUSTAINE! hes a metal legend' date=' megadave lives on! They're still there to produce good material id say, no one can keep up massive levels of good music like them forever, onyhoo, does anyone know what their line up is now? i heard marty got arthritus or something and isnt in the band nemore :S :band:[/quote']

Heheh, he didn't get arthritis, but he's not in the band. At current, the only member of Megadeth is Dave.

Sorry My Bad

MEGADETH: Drummer NICK MENZA To Rejoin The Fold? - June 19, 2004

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has revealed in an online posting at Megadeth.com that he has sent a copy of the new MEGADETH album, titled "The System Has Failed", to former drummer Nick Menza. Mustaine will meet with Menza in Los Angeles or Arizona to see if Nick "has got what it takes to play [the new] songs and to play the old stuff." Menza played drums on several MEGADETH albums during the '90s (1990's "Rust In Piece", 1992's "Countdown to Extinction", 1994's "Youthanasia", and 1997's "Cryptic Writings") before being ousted from the group and replaced by former SUICIDAL TENDENCIES/Y&T drummer Jimmie DeGrasso. The bassist position in MEGADETH's touring lineup will be filled by Jimmie Lee Sloas, the bassist that played on the new MEGADETH record, while the second-guitarist slot is wide open. "I am meeting with [former guitarist] Marty [Friedman] in Tokyo next month, but that is merely because I love, respect, and miss him," Mustaine wrote. "Although, I am gonna to talk to him about playing again. And for the record, he was interested; he is just hella busy with his [Japanese] pop career."

As previously reported, MEGADETH have selected "Die Dead Enough" as the first single from "The System Has Failed", due on September 14 through Sanctuary Records. The single will go to metal radio around July 19 and rock radio one week later. "The System Has Failed" was recorded at Phase Four studios in Tempe, Arizona and is set to feature cover artwork by Ed Repka. Joining Mustaine on the recording are Sloas and drummer Vinnie Colaiuta. Additional lead guitar tracks were laid down by former MEGADETH guitarist Chris Poland.