aberdeen-music

MSN worst songs of 2008

Lemonade

That article's pretty good. This made me laugh out loud:

"If seventh album Dig Out Your Soul were a dog, the RSPCA would encourage you to shoot it in the face."

And I like Dig Out Your Soul - not as good as the early stuff by any stretch of the imganation, but still a good album, and they're live shows are still ace!

As for the Take That debate, I'm somewhere in the middle - some of their songs are pretty good, and others are well shit. Greatest Day is plain boring in my opinion, whereas Shine and Patience are good pop tunes. Same with some of the earlier stuff, tracks like Back For Good, It Only Takes a Minute etc are quite good, and............ I can't remember names, but some of the songs were quite shit.

Barlow can clearly write a good song, but can also write a shit one. Don't hold me to this, cos I haven't verified it, but someone once told me that he wrote songs for bands like Steps. That should be punishable by bollock kicking.

Steps sold a fuckwad of records though, didn't they? So if he did write some of their tunes (and I don't know if he did), surely that'd mean he's doing his job pretty well?

*switches off "pedantic prick mode"*

For the record, I wouldn't touch Gary Barlow, Take That or Steps with a bargepole. Just sayin'.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Steps sold a fuckwad of records though, didn't they? So if he did write some of their tunes (and I don't know if he did), surely that'd mean he's doing his job pretty well?

*switches off "pedantic prick mode"*

For the record, I wouldn't touch Gary Barlow, Take That or Steps with a bargepole. Just sayin'.

I agree - I didn't say, it wasn't a commercially viable move to write those horrible songs. Just saying that they were horrible songs!!

Kid Rock is total crap. He only can get airplay if he rips off another famous song. First with Metallica's Sad But True, and this year with the bastardisation of Werewolves of London/Sweet Home Alabama. Merge two classic tunes, throw in some meaningless lyrics about the summertime and hey presto all the teenyboppers are sold.

Take That had an ok comeback, now all their new songs are so generic and utterly boring. Much better than James Blunt mind (shame, he actually came across as a really cool guy on Top Gear).

I'm partial to a bit of Scouting for Girls, but can't help get the feeling their songs are just made to be annoying in the first place. I like that term "flat-pack indie".

I hate that song "you change your mind like a girl changes clothes" - argh, I'd rather eat my own ears. The girl is pretty hot though.

Another annoying song came on the tv yesterday, my sister informed me it was Kanye West. Well well what a surprise, always realeasing consistent crap. Yet everyone will think he is the bees knees.

The latest Pink song is probably the worst song out of all those I've mentioned above. Sometimes it gets stuck in my head and I just wish I had a gun!

I'm afraid this negates your other opinions, however valid. Sorry.

I find it difficult to disagree with this.

However, I agree about the latest batch of Kanye West stuff, or at least, what I've heard of it. I quite liked some of his stuff around Late Registration / Graduation type time, but Love Lockdown and Heartless are both really terrible.

And also, yeah, James Blunt seemed quite willing to laugh at himself on Top Gear. Good job, I suppose, or he'd have had a rough few years!