aberdeen-music

Which Opeth album?

I hadn't heard Opeth before Donington where they totally blew me away. I've been downloading music and i seem to love it all.

The songs i liked most during the Opeth set was the quite spacey ones with the Sitar effects, and there was one with a really great, long, instrumental outro which blew me away totally.

Giving i like those type of songs the most by them, what album would anyone recommend for me? I don't know what period of Opeth im into the most.

btw, listening to black rose immortal right now and its totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would DEFINITELY suggest you get "Blackwater Park". It's amazing, and the song with the long ending that you say is possibly "The Drapery Falls" on that album - one of my favourite songs ever. (however most Opeth songs have long instrumental outro's so I'm probably wrong - still, great song)

It's funny Mr R. Borlax because my three favourite Opeth albums are

Blackwater Park

Deliverance

My Arms Your Hearse

In that order - which are the three you didn't mention.

black water park is allright, i liked it more when it first got it

deliverance never really did anything for me

and my arms your hearse is beautiful but it was the only album i played by them for nearly a year

i guess you wasnt disapointed with the choice they made on the dvd?

im glad they did some damnation and black water park

but they cant just forget the other 4 great albums

blah blah

*fingers bleed*

black water park is allright' date=' i liked it more when it first got it

deliverance never really did anything for me

and my arms your hearse is beautiful but it was the only album i played by them for nearly a year

i guess you wasnt disapointed with the choice they made on the dvd?

im glad they did some damnation and black water park

but they cant just forget the other 4 great albums

blah blah

*fingers bleed*[/quote']

Yeah the DVD is amazing!

I prefer the production on the later material and I think they really found their style. There is a big improvement between "Morningrise" and "Hearse" in production especially.

I really think Mikael Akerfeldt uses such amazing subtle layering on the later material which I think makes the songs sound huge.

the song deliverance is awsome!!

the drum beat it goes into around the second half of the song which is also shown on the dvd is quality... i try to play it on my kit all the time but can never get the symbol actions correct.

Although thats prob cause i'm not the best at the drums only have a hi-hat and a ride, not like 6 crashes, 3 rides, 4 splash etc etc..... back to the point

with great bands like opeth i can never give my favourite album or song cause they change constantly, one week i will like one and the next week i'll like another.

I'm just an indecisive bastard.....

I like Damnation alot, and i also agree with dans point about later production

Orchid is also one i particularly enjoy at the mo......