aberdeen-music

nh

Edgar Graham

Start getting the money in when you're ahead. Bluff less preflop (ie. stop 4bet shoving J9o) and, in general, 3bet less - peel off flops in position against weak players who you can outmaneouver. Use a HUD. Float less.

It's the poker world's biggest cliche, but play TAG.

O, and run good.

• 8 months later...
BTW I am now a coach for Team Moshman, Collin Moshman's stable. So technically I have a job. Kind of.

Nice work if you can get it! Don't think my parents would call that a job, they'd probably just sigh deeply and call me a failure.

Reading this thread again is making me miss my Thursday league game, only two weeks of darts left before I can get stuck back in. Yas!

Yeah my parents are kind of resigned to the fact that i won't be putting my degree to use for a while. The way I see it is that jobs are scarce in Aberdeen right now; I'm not borrowing money from them, and I'm not living at home with them. I'm doing pretty well with this poker malarky, and I earn more than I would in a 'real' job. So where's the problem?

I showed them the end of year leaderboard on Sharkscope. That seemed to assuage their fears a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Blurgh, been running piss awful lately, AK's into KK my latest tale of woe after being card dead for over 60 hands on Friday night, losing half of it with A10s into J10off (J on the river, argh) and then crashing oot with the above. Bring on the Stoney donkey league again....

I set up a home game for aberdeen music if you want to play a tourney tonight let me know

The ID is 407004

The invitation code is the name of the person who started aberdeen music as one word and lower case...shouldn't be too hard to work out...providing I got it right....

anyone up for a $10-$20 winner takes all freezeout?

Here is the message I put on aberdeen-mad.co.uk, as a result of the unprecendented and probably illegal crackdown on online poker in the last 12 hours:

The FBI has seized all the assets of the online poker world, trying to take $3 billion from the gambling community. It is not yet known what the extent of the fallout is, but I might see you down the dole queue on Monday....

As it stands, I will be coaching and grinding as per usual (albeit, without my American students and opponents). However, it seems as if the world's economy sees a quick way to make a buck without fear of reprisal/regulation...

I do feel as if there is no stronger collection of intellectual minds than the poker community, so it will be nigh on impossible to f**uck with them without reprisal. However, for the time being, I recommend that you withdraw a chunk of your roll on Full Tilt, Pokerstars and Absolute Poker/Ultimate Bet in case of the unthinkable happening. Keep the minimum necessary in order to still play your regular games in your online accounts.

• 2 months later...
I do feel as if there is no stronger collection of intellectual minds than the poker community, so it will be nigh on impossible to f**uck with them without reprisal. However, for the time being, I recommend that you withdraw a chunk of your roll on Full Tilt, Pokerstars and Absolute Poker/Ultimate Bet in case of the unthinkable happening. Keep the minimum necessary in order to still play your regular games in your online accounts.

I'd put the chess brigade ahead of poker TBH.

And the above just reminds me why I'm glad I don't rely on the online game to get by.

Playing the 20 f/o tomorrow arvo at G if anyone fancies a pop, it's a decent game and there was near 700 quid in the pot last week. Not many better ways to spend a Sunday if you ask me...

Guest Bob Knob
Haha no, my flatmate is one of the managers there so close friends and fambly aren't allowed in. Nothing sinister!

This might be a daft question but how do they know you're a close friend/family?

Got done over by a total luckbox twice this afternoon X( , sod takes 2/3rds of my stack fairly early after calling down three streets with A4 on a dry ace-high board (muggins here had AK, was miles ahead until 4 on the river, ugh), recovered from that and eventually threw my last few thousand in with bullets, the luckbox calls with JJ and hits on the turn.....:swearing::swearing: