aberdeen-music

nh

Edgar Graham

I started with $75 - I bunged in 40bangers, started playing $2 and $5 20man turbos on Pacific, and worked it up from there. Won a big MTT on Pacific and FTd another few, went on a sick run where I turned that $75 into five figures, then moved to Full Tilt.

Plain sailing ever since ;-)

For the second time in six days, A9 suited has drawn me all in and got me knocked out of a game. That hand is a fucking curse.

:down:

That will happen with a hand that gets too easily dominated...

A9s v ATo or better

equity win tie pots won pots tied

Hand 0: 30.672% 27.26% 03.41% 89614200 11223576.00 { A9s }

Hand 1: 69.328% 65.91% 03.41% 216701016 11223576.00 { ATs+, ATo+ }

89s v ATo or better

equity win tie pots won pots tied

Hand 0: 39.813% 39.59% 00.22% 173560512 959816.00 { 98s }

Hand 1: 60.187% 59.97% 00.22% 262869680 959816.00 { ATs+, ATo+ }

Yeah, had to slow down big style from the middle of September because uni was starting, hence the massive break-even spell where I basically turned into a rakeback warrior. Had no interweb so didn't play a single hand in December and very few in November and January, but back in the groove the noo. That big upswong occurred at the perfect time for me - the end of August, just after getting back from an expensive holiday, so money was a bit tight.I remember playing 4 of the 90man turbos in a day (which I very rarely play); came fourth in one and won two. Nice :-)

The next fortnight was very tough though, although looking at it now the downswongs weren't as severe as I thought. I freely admit though that, if it weren't for rakeback, I wouldn't be nearly as profitable. It is a Godsend during the downswongs. For example, in that few weeks or so between 3700 and 4500 games I was stuck ~$1k, but gained ~$700 in rakeback, meaning that even during my biggest downswong I was not far from breaking even overall (add in bonuses etc and the occasional MTT/cash score and it aint so bleak).

I'd quite like to get in about this rakeback thing, but I'm already on FT.

Email them. Expect to be ignored/brushed off, but keep on pestering for they have been known to apply it to existing accounts from time to time.

O and when you register at Rakebacknation.com, make sure you type that Casy151 suggested it. Bonus for me :-)

Other than Scorge's post I haven't understood what the f**k everyone is rabbiting on about for the majority of the past 5 or so.

Acronyms FTW.

Being honest, I'm glad I'm not an online poker junkie with all the emphasis on bet percentages and other such anal knowledge about figures. I prefer to just play on instinct round a table: yes, it's naive, but to be honest it's the way I've honed my game and I'm happy enough to stick to it. I also don't rely on the game to pay my mortgage, etc....

Ran out of patience in the league game on Thursday night and dived all-in with Jc10c, caller has 4d4s. Hit the pair on the flop, but all three cards were spades. You can probaby guess what came on the river......868.png

Other than pocket 3's earlier on it was the best hand I'd been dealt all night, and I didn't have enough firepower when I was calling bluffs. One of those evenings....

• Upvote 1

a9 is a lovely openshoving hand but a terrible calling hand. You're rarely ahead of someone's range if they shove into you, and even if they do have KJ or summat, you're not far above a flip.

Throw it in the dustbin.

To make it worse, the caller only had 82 off suit.

The deuce comes out on the flop. I miss it, the turn and river. Bah, etc.

Does everyone have an account on stars?...could get a private aberdeen music tourney going....;)

Yeah, but I've pretty much given up on the online game altogether now.

Had another shocker last night going all in on the button with the bullets: two callers with identical K10's, both of whom flopped full houses. Neither of the next two cards were aces, predictably enough.

Not on the best of runs just now, it's fair to say....

Does everyone have an account on stars?...could get a private aberdeen music tourney going....;)

Yeah, I'm game although I'm starting to think Pokerscars hates me the way I run on that site.I look forward to the day when the variance is reversed and my KK manages to hold against QJo. :up:

Liking the new KO SNGs they have going though! :up:

How would we go about organising a private tourney?