aberdeen-music

nh

Edgar Graham

Must have been my big blind, i can't even remember being in the hand. Did you raise? In the SB I am mucking K5 for 100 chips with 7000+ behind in a second...o_O Some people like to take shots when the blinds are cheap, I see the cheap blinds as a chance to sit back and get an idea for the hands people play. I didn't take this advice onboard myself and found myself shortstacked with 3400, blinds at 400/800. I picked up A6 in the small blind and was going to push but I just can't make that play. As it works out, I would have flopped two pair, but I wouldn't have won much chips. The next hand I had pocket 8 on the button. Thats definitely a push, with a raise and caller behind. They both came in, unknown to them I flopped a set, and they eventually got all their chips in. They both had jacks and were drawing dead so i more than tripled up (3 x 3000 + blinds and 1 or 2 limps). Had I played the A6, theres no guarantee the cards would be returned to the dealer in the order that lead to them being shuffled in my favour :D Need parallel universes and things to work that one out anyway....

Bottom line, are you coming back tonight Dave?

I think we shipped it all in on the turn, so he had the flush draw aswell....of course drawing completely dead except for another ace (which he must assume is a dead out, I'm raising big on the button, its either a big pair or a big ace) or a deuce. Guess its a bit of a cooler, but an experienced player could have gotten away from this one on the flop I think. They bet the flop and I reraised, they 3 bet and i smooth called. Bad play was rewarded, I think it was a big pot from what I remember.....

Nice video. That's pretty much exactly what happened, I had pocket 7s and he had pockets 5s. 7 and a 5 came out on the flop so we both had 3 of a kind. Raised. The fourth card was incidental, but we raised again anyway. Then the river was a 5. Gave me a full house, I went all in and he of course saw me and had four 5s. We were the last two in the game as well. I think it was only for 20 or something though, not $25,000 or whatever.

In almost all forms of gambling, the wagerer has an edge. In Roulette, theres a 1 in 38 chance that you will hit your number (or 37 to 1), yet the odds offered on your stake are only 35 to 1. If you bet the same number 38 times and hit it on the 38th time (which would be unlikely but anyway) you would have lost money even though you won. So thats a mugs game (but still a good bit of fun!)

In poker, you set the stake, and set the wager, and can control the odds being offered by the size of the bet (particularly in no limit poker). If you believe you have the best of it, you can lure opponents in with very lucrative odds (eg. if theres 25 in the pot, you can make it 5 to play, essentially laying them odds of 5-1), or if you think they have nothing/could outdraw you, you can make the odds so unprofitable in the long run that they are forced to fold their hand. (30 in pot, make it 40 to go)

That's the theory anyway...of course the reality is that the mug thinks "I have an ace and a four, so if an ace comes on the river I will win it all, theres 35 in the pot and I need to call 25 to win it...I call" and the wagerer looks the mug with his pocket kings.

Went along last night to the 25 freezeout at International again. Made up for my atrocious play from 2 weeks ago and came 3rd. Should be along again next week.

One problem I've discovered with this is I get slightly drunk, go along, drink free coffee to sober up while playing, and by the time it was 2 in the morning and I was out, head home cos I've got work in 7 hours, but can't sleep cos of all the fucking coffee I've drank. Woops.

N1. Big prize pot aswell, i really wish I didn't donk it off, but it was either that or lose with pocket kings against your Q 3 sooooted later on ;) Used up my all in on a bluff lifeline at the last table, and the guy who joined me from that table was staring at me too much, hence the amateur dramatics...not as cool as guy with the shades though..

Who were the last five at the table?

You can always get the results online but they take about a week to update it

The Nuts Poker League - Texas Hold 'em Poker In The Pub - As Seen On TV - BBC2 Dragons' Den

Were you there to see me lose pockets aces against a 3-7 straight on the river? It hurt. One guy hit four different sets of quads.

Not sure of the guys names to be honest. I was very quiet.

Shit....thats harsh. How did the guy Stuart do (guy who came in on half his stack?)

As long as Mr Li and the guy I busted out to weren't in the money I am happy. Theres always next week...

Shit....thats harsh. How did the guy Stuart do (guy who came in on half his stack?)

As long as Mr Li and the guy I busted out to weren't in the money I am happy. Theres always next week...

Mr Li didn't last much longer. The guy that came on halfway through didn't last much longer either. In the last 4 the only two from my table were me and the young guy with black hair. Think his names may have been John or James? not sure though.

Its a bastard....I usually go for the red bull that late on...get home in time for party poker premier league....bed around 3, wake up at 6....such is the life

Seen you "grinding" the black jack table edgar, how much did you lose? :D

hows this for bad luck in roulette (don't play this game) it seemed to be going 13/red number/13/red number/13/red number... I was just about to put 10 on 13 but I thought the law of my luck would say it would be a red number....of course it came 13 black for the 4th time....RIGGED!

Its a bastard....I usually go for the red bull that late on...get home in time for party poker premier league....bed around 3, wake up at 6....such is the life

4oD - Channel 4's TV and Film on Demand service

You can get Premier League Poker, European WSOP tour on there and whole seasons of a couple of other poker programs.

Seen you "grinding" the black jack table edgar, how much did you lose? :D

hows this for bad luck in roulette (don't play this game) it seemed to be going 13/red number/13/red number/13/red number... I was just about to put 10 on 13 but I thought the law of my luck would say it would be a red number....of course it came 13 black for the 4th time....RIGGED!

Found a 5 chip in my room so went past on the way to my mates to try and turn it in to 500, to no avail. Ended up putting it on 0, came in 26 which is next to 0. Got excited for a minute.

Heres a good one I had going on will hill...5 to 50 eventually (took a while) few numbers that can hurt you but the idea is that most bets are at least earning you about 10p if not more. Couple lose you 20p but you can take it. Some numbers won't win at all, but if you get 3 losers in a row, get the hell out of dodge...best bet is to quickly hit rebet and spin, if you leave it a while you can almost predict the number just by looking for an uncovered bet.

willhill.GIF