aberdeen-music

Noisy neighbours

Metarie

A girl across the road likes to hang out of her window in a towel. :( It's nae pretty. One of my neighbours blasts Hip Hop from their window and several others have dance music blaring. Sometimes it turns into a competition.

At night I get some noise from Lammond Place too. Mostly drunks/junkies shouting at eachother. Good times.

I've never complained, though. 'Cause I would probably get stabbed. :(

A girl across the road likes to hang out of her window in a towel. :( It's nae pretty. One of my neighbours blasts Hip Hop from their window and several others have dance music blaring. Sometimes it turns into a competition.

At night I get some noise from Lammond Place too. Mostly drunks/junkies shouting at eachother. Good times.

I've never complained, though. 'Cause I would probably get stabbed. :(

See, that's kinda what I'm scared of. They'll know it's me and they have the potential to completely fuck me over seeing as I often have to at work for 6am. At least I can console myself that they seem to have a really bad sex life. 5 minutes tops of bouncing bed springs then someone wanders off to the toilet...who says romance is dead :p

See, that's kinda what I'm scared of. They'll know it's me and they have the potential to completely fuck me over seeing as I often have to at work for 6am. At least I can console myself that they seem to have a really bad sex life. 5 minutes tops of bouncing bed springs then someone wanders off to the toilet...who says romance is dead :p
I heard Juston spends 20 seconds of vigorous vibrating, howls like a banshee then spits out the window.

Been right through this with a pal last year. You need to contact the ASB unit (linked by Chris), the Landlord/letting agents (who can be held equally liable under Scots law) & if needed, the police - usually if the noise persists after 3am, when the ASB inspectors knock-off or if you get threats etc. I will say now that the police don't place a high priority on attending noise complaints & one of the biggest stushies we had last year was when they closed a call without attending over a complaint about party noise & other significant misbehaviour at 5am.

As for making a complaint - You can do that about noise/misbehaviour at any time but you will have to clearly demonstrate the antsocial element if it is before 10pm as the law does recognise there are times when an amount of noise can be "normal" - To that end, you need to keep a detailed diary, with times, dates & accurate descriptions of the nusiances. If they leave mess, cause damage in any common areas etc or leave the front door open for folk to come & go, you should also note this as it is a serious breach of tennancy conditions & responsabilities that can affect everyone in the block.

It might also be worth having a word with your other neighbours as IME, nothing helps you case along like a few countersignatures or supporting letters.

Photos/videos are useful but don't put yourself at risk over getting them as a diary is of equal value as evidence.

Good luck in getting this sorted out. :)

QFT.

If Staff could give rep, you would get for that. Excellent advice.

Only thing I would add as a general point is, another possibility to consider is an organisation called SACRO - Sacro: Safeguarding Communities - Reducing Offending who are pretty good with this kind of stuff.