aberdeen-music

Aberdeen student radio is back on air.

stepmaster5000

The radio peeps just didn't even seem to care that much about anything. There seemed to be no quality control and no one seemed to know what was going on. The chap we spoke to had to keep going back and forth to confirm the smallest of things, which is just plain embarassing. The facilities are there, the audience is there and it just has promise, but the folk in charge just ain't up to it, in my opinion. I would rather they'd knocked us back to be honest, at least we would've known where we were with the whole thing. It's the way these things sometimes go though, ah well.

I showed the guy that does their marketing our wee plan prior to the meeting itself, and he seemed impressed by the effort we'd put in - good direction, planning etc. So, I don't think we were that far off something.

On the way back into town I did suggest a podcast or something, but we'll see what happens. :popcorn:

The radio peeps just didn't even seem to care that much about anything. There seemed to be no quality control and no one seemed to know what was going on. The chap we spoke to had to keep going back and forth to confirm the smallest of things, which is just plain embarassing. The facilities are there, the audience is there and it just has promise, but the folk in charge just ain't up to it, in my opinion. I would rather they'd knocked us back to be honest, at least we would've known where we were with the whole thing. It's the way these things sometimes go though, ah well.

I showed the guy that does their marketing our wee plan prior to the meeting itself, and he seemed impressed by the effort we'd put in - good direction, planning etc. So, I don't think we were that far off something.

On the way back into town I did suggest a podcast or something, but we'll see what happens. :popcorn:

To be honest, despite the fact that i personally would like most of the stuff you and the tetchy one would play on air, it would have very limited appeal on a wider scale across the whole student body. Neither of you have a massively broad taste in music (i don't mean that in a bad way it's just that i could probably second guess your likely output) and Panda boy comes across as very pompous as well. I'd say it's very niche market stuff, which isn't going to be high on the radio stations list of priorities anyway.

Plus several of the other shows touch on areas where you guys are interested already.

Whether those who are running it are capable or not is not a major issue as if they honestly aren't they won't be running it for long.

A podcast is definitely the way forward for you guys, and i for one, would give it a listen.

To be honest, despite the fact that i personally would like most of the stuff you and the tetchy one would play on air, it would have very limited appeal on a wider scale across the whole student body. Neither of you have a massively broad taste in music (i don't mean that in a bad way it's just that i could probably second guess your likely output) and Panda boy comes across as very pompous as well. I'd say it's very niche market stuff, which isn't going to be high on the radio stations list of priorities anyway.

Plus several of the other shows touch on areas where you guys are interested already.

Whether those who are running it are capable or not is not a major issue as if they honestly aren't they won't be running it for long.

A podcast is definitely the way forward for you guys, and i for one, would give it a listen.

I completely agree Mr. Phil. :) The whole thing was just for a bit of fun. An excuse to play some tunes and vent some opinions. The radio only begun last year and they do have a couple of regular shows, but to be honest, I haven't listened to any. Hopefully when the current peeps graduate, the new folk will be a bit better at running things.

With regards niche markets, one chap that sat beside us was hell bent on, "bringing Prog Rock back!!?!". :down:

I'll introduce you to Lindsay (Panda Strong) at Olafur if you're coming out for it. He ain't pompous, honestly. You'll probably get on quite well. Maybe... :)

I completely agree Mr. Phil. :) The whole thing was just for a bit of fun. An excuse to play some tunes and vent some opinions. The radio only begun last year and they do have a couple of regular shows, but to be honest, I haven't listened to any. Hopefully when the current peeps graduate, the new folk will be a bit better at running things.

With regards niche markets, one chap that sat beside us was hell bent on, "bringing Prog Rock back!!?!". :down:

I'll introduce you to Lindsay (Panda Strong) at Olafur if you're coming out for it. He ain't pompous, honestly. You'll probably get on quite well. Maybe... :)

I'm going to have to give Olafur a miss as finances are pretty shitty at the moment :(

I'm sure Lindsay is a nice enough guy.

To be honest, despite the fact that i personally would like most of the stuff you and the tetchy one would play on air, it would have very limited appeal on a wider scale across the whole student body. Neither of you have a massively broad taste in music (i don't mean that in a bad way it's just that i could probably second guess your likely output) and Panda boy comes across as very pompous as well. I'd say it's very niche market stuff, which isn't going to be high on the radio stations list of priorities anyway.Plus several of the other shows touch on areas where you guys are interested already.

Actually the radio is crying out for that sort of stuff, everyone else is just doing generic eclectic "I know of lots of genres don't you know" shows.

A good jazz hour, folk hour, techno hour thing would be much more pro.