aberdeen-music

Moving the Aluko thread

We're just trying to keep everything tidy and stop having multiple threads discussing the same topics, why is that hard to understand?

Keeping the number of threads to a minimum makes the forums easier to navigate, easier to read and easier to manage.

Not strictly true, in a monster, behemoth thread like the season 2008/2009 one, probably the busiest thread on the whole forum, it gets so big so quickly that it's harder to read and harder to manage. Thus when a little side discussion takes place it gets lost in that monster. I hate that thread as there about 100 different topics of conversation going on in it at any one time, by the time I go home at night then log in again in the morning there's like 5 new pages I have to trawl through to remember what I was talking about. Lookng at posts 720-740 in that thread now has just became a mele of nonsense with a multitude of different conversations going on. :down:

I understand the need (or at least the desire) to keep the forums tidy and manageable, however I don't understand why it needs to be quite as strict as it obviously is.

So any football discussion is encompassed in one giant thread?

What happens to the series of posts that were made in the Aluko thread? Do they just get lumped at the end of the football thread in order, but with no reference to the fact it was its own discussion in its own right? Or do the posts made merge with the existing football thread in relevant order by time and therefore make no sense?

Guest treader.

to be fair, i agree with adam.

there are literally TOO many forums.

it's ridiculous.

Why cant 'The Lemon Tree' 'The Moorings Bar' and 'Other Clubs and Venues' just be a "Venues" forum or something like?

General discussion as well, it's not so general if you split it into like 5 forums?

to be fair, i agree with adam.

there are literally TOO many forums.

it's ridiculous.

Why cant 'The Lemon Tree' 'The Moorings Bar' and 'Other Clubs and Venues' just be a "Venues" forum or something like?

General discussion as well, it's not so general if you split it into like 5 forums?

Because we're not a venue... we're a way of life. Or in the immortal words of Teabags "You know if I'd never found this bar then I might be... well you know... normal."