aberdeen-music

I need some help

framheim

Wirelessly posted (LG/KU990-Orange/v10f Browser/Obigo-Q05A/3.6 MMS/LG-MMS-V1.0/1.2 Java/ASVM/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I seem to have acquired something nasty on my computer and It's hiding my c drive, my program menu in the start bar and It's disabled task manager. I've ran everything i have but It's still there. System restore was turned off it seems :(

i'm now trying to repair windows using my xp disk and booting from that. I selected repair windows installation and It's come up with a dos style system and now i'm stuck. Can anyone help? I've learnt a lot of valuable lessons from this.

Wirelessly posted (LG/KU990-Orange/v10f Browser/Obigo-Q05A/3.6 MMS/LG-MMS-V1.0/1.2 Java/ASVM/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I was meddling in the world of torrents. The lessons I've learned are mainly things like make sure your system restore is running.

Any advice anyone?

i'm gonna try running it in safemode tonight and see if i can get somewhere. what does hijackthis do?

Hijackthis will basically create a log for you to post on forums to help experts decipher the problem and tell you what entries to delete etc.

Before that, I really recommend going through this thread and it's related links to properly fix things:

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide - MajorGeeks Support Forums

They'll get you to do a hijackthis log but only after you've done specific things, it may seem like a lot to do, but just work through it as you get excellent help from these guys for free.

Hope this helps!