aberdeen-music

Online magazines

KimyReizeger

I'm looking for something decent to read online that isn't news. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Incidentally, does anyone have any thoughts on the mag Plan B? I bought it yesterday whilst looking for something decent to read over a latte. Features a decent range of artists but seems crippled by being self-consciously up itself, use of the acronym 'yr' instead of 'your' and an article about the degeneration of the youth by a nineteen year old; pseudo-critic-undergrad-doom-and-glooming. That's my initial impression anyway.

Plan B is good for reviews and some articles, but some of the writing makes me cringe. You're spot on about the self-conscious up themselvesness of the whole thing. BUT, they had a good article on Big Dada records and another on Riot Grrl music. I got a subscription as an xmas present from my brother, i don't know if i'll renew it this year.

The article I read seemed written be a real wannabe journo, who had contrived a subject out of very little and indulged in so many big words that I completely lost the argument within a few lines. There were other bits in the mag which went completely over my head aswell; I can't really be arsed working out how to read a magazine before reading it. However they seem fairly unconstrained with regards to genre; interviews with Roots Manuva and Luciano alongside rock bands.

Anyone read Viz? Someone told me it's good, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a copy because I've seen rotten old men reading it.

i used to read viz a lot when i worked in one up as they stocked it at the time(not sure if they still do). it's still pretty funny and perfect reading for when you're on the throne.

i check out the plan b website from time to time. it's ok. i preferred loose lips sink ships but that was mainly for the outstanding photography.

aye llss was (is?) awesome, I somehow end up buying Plan B now and again (WH Smith + train journey is the usual equation) based on one or two articles on bands I really like. It's a shame the writing is always balls and I end up regretting the purchase, almost immediately. (see also - The Wire)

aye llss was (is?) awesome, I somehow end up buying Plan B now and again (WH Smith + train journey is the usual equation) based on one or two articles on bands I really like. It's a shame the writing is always balls and I end up regretting the purchase, almost immediately. (see also - The Wire)

I've subscribed to The Wire for about 15 years.

Plan B I read for a couple of issues and got annoyed.

I quite like Rock-a-Rolla

rock-a-rolla.com — 100% music