aberdeen-music

New Band, new demo! Check us out please!

One_Night_Stand

Hey were an aberdeen based band called One Night Stand, we formed a few months ago and we have recently recorded our first demo song, which can be found at our myspace page MySpace.com - One Night Stand - UK - Rock - www.myspace.com/onenightstandkeith

hope you can give it a listen and give us some feeback, and also we are desperate for gigs! So if you need some support we will always be up for it!

cheers, One Night Stand

Hey were an aberdeen based band called One Night Stand, we formed a few months ago and we have recently recorded our first demo song, which can be found at our myspace page MySpace.com - One Night Stand - UK - Rock - www.myspace.com/onenightstandkeith

hope you can give it a listen and give us some feeback, and also we are desperate for gigs! So if you need some support we will always be up for it!

cheers, One Night Stand

The sound is a bit raucous, but your singer is very good :up:

i believe the technical term for that guitar solo is bitchin. it's 80's to the max.

musically, not really my bag so i won't comment too much. how old are you guys though? your myspace says you won the school talent contest so i'm guessing pretty young. i've heard far far worse school bands, that's for sure.

what does raucous mean? haha

But cheers, and yeah were young, im the guitarist and im 17, the drummer and bassist are also 17, and the singer is only 15!

15? Help ma boab! She has quite a mature voice. Very distinct too.

raucous Audio Help (r'kəs) Pronunciation Key

adj.

Rough-sounding and harsh: raucous laughter.

Boisterous and disorderly: "the raucous give and take of American democracy" (Charles Kuralt).

:up:

Due to being as young as we are though, we dont know much other than how to get a gig in our home town, how would we go about getting gigs in like aberdeen?

You might struggle at the moment because of your age, but it's worth contacting venues like Moshulu, Drummonds and The Tunnels to see if there are any support slots going.

You might struggle at the moment because of your age, but it's worth contacting venues like Moshulu, Drummonds and The Tunnels to see if there are any support slots going.

Yeah we could try contacting them, but we dont know how...ah young and naive :down: were just struggeling along tryin to get gigs in places closer to home, but Aberdeen is the place we wanna try and hit eventualy.

Yeah we could try contacting them, but we dont know how...ah young and naive :down: were just struggeling along tryin to get gigs in places closer to home, but Aberdeen is the place we wanna try and hit eventualy.

Just phone them, email them or go in with your demo. It isn't hard to track all three down on the internet :) If you show folks you're eager it will help you out in the long run. :up:

Try contacting Steven Milne and Ross (AGP) on here for Moshulu and The Tunnels respectively. The user called John Beverley also books for The Tunnels.

You could put up a post asking for gigs on the networking forum as well.

If you look on the gigs and announcements forum you'll see the same names cropping up all the time, a lot of them will be promoters. Basically keep an eye on this site and you'll find out who to contact for the venues.

This didn't really move me either way.

Nice guitar/voice delay effect.

Singer doesn't impress me overly.

see, i really didn't like the reverb/delay particularly on the backing vocal track. it was ok on the guitar but i didn't really like the tone but that's just the recording and as it's a demo i didn't really want to get into that too much.

the singer really does have a good strong voice for her age.