aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Dan G

NEW My Minds Weapon video!

A nice tasty 3 and half minutes of modern thrash for you to enjoy. :)

MY MINDS WEAPON - The Killing Horizon on Vimeo

http://www.myspace.com/mymindsweapon

it'll be up on youtube soon enough, but these sites have destroyed the quality of the video, which is a shame. The real version is razor sharp.

It should be up on the tv stations soon as well. Extreme Sports channel made us band of the year with our last video which was pretty nice of them.

wtf is that fight scene all about o_O

It's the director's literal translation of what are largely figurative lyrics...

I wasn't convinced at first but it definitely grew on me after a few views.

that intro riff sounds like a municpal waste riff

not the kind of thing I click with but everything seems pretty polished and slick video/song wise

the vocals are too forced / unnatural for my liking though

In agreement with everyone else here really with regards to the video- really good quality, but the fight scene seems a bit out of place (I've watched it 3-4 times now).

Tune's a belter though :up:

In support of the fight scene... it breaks up ye olde industrial warehouse stuff (as demonstrated in previous video) at least.

The hooky part at the very end of the song is really good. I personally think that whoever wrote it is wasted on chug-grr-weeeee.

The hooky part at the very end of the song is really good. I personally think that whoever wrote it is wasted on chug-grr-weeeee.

Cheers, that was me! Although our chug-chug etc bits are easy to dismiss as lowest-common-denominator-metal, they are actually pretty rhythmically complex. It's all off beat, syncopated and either polyrhythmic or ever changing time-signatures. If we tuned lower those bits would get compared to meshuggah... Ultimately though, if you don't like them, you don't like them. However, I like those bits as much as I do thash riffs, guitar solos, dissonant chords and ambient soundscapes so they will always crop up at some point in my songs :)

Must have been a slow year...

What a useful comment :up:

See if the fight scene involved hundreds and hundreds of people just tearing into each other, it wouldn't seem so out of place and would be quite a spectacle. But still nicely polished and all that jazz.