aberdeen-music

Delay / Swell pedal

do moogerfooger not do some sort of ridiculously over sized pretentious noise making pedal. there dead dear though. soundy have a few in i think.

the line 6 is worth a shot. they do the whole violin bow swell plus a bunch of other cool delays and a loop thing. it doesn't affect your tone too much as it is just a delay pedal.

What have you got at the moment?

I've got a 70's era Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man (with a squelch switch), a Danelectro Reel Echo and a 70's era WEM Copicat.

I've tried a BOSS Space Echo (didn't like it) and a TC electronics thing, which was really good, but cost 169.

Something with a reverse echo or something like that would be really good.

Is this for your lapsteelery?

Did you ever try any alternate tunings?

It's not for my lapsteel actually ;) ...I think a volume pedal would do the trick for that.

I did try out some alternate tunings, and the one you use (it was C6 right?) sounds really good. I just have to get used to where the notes have moved to, which hurts my head a bit.

It's not for my lapsteel actually ;) ...I think a volume pedal would do the trick for that.

I did try out some alternate tunings, and the one you use (it was C6 right?) sounds really good. I just have to get used to where the notes have moved to, which hurts my head a bit.

Yeah C6 is a very nice one. Very full and warm sounds.

Brad's Page of Steel - Tunings is a good page to have a look for tunings for lap steels but also other slide stuff.