aberdeen-music

Independent retailers/cafes/etc.

Hello,

I'm currently researching a project and I need some help. Basically, I require information for all the independent shops, cafes, pubs, venues, retailers, promoters etc in Aberdeen that would be of interest of and use to the student and general population, ie

The Moorings Bar

The Beautiful Mountain

Retrospect

Good For Nothing? Collective

Tunnels

etc.

If you could reply in this thread with the name, email/website/myspace, phone number and a wee description of each, that would be great.

Guest Neutral
I'm sure there are some indie's in Aberdeen that I don't know about, so that dosen't really help.

Why not put a list of 10 which you have found yourself up for us all to reference at a later date just to prove that you aren't asking because you are lazy:up:

This should get get you started. If you have a look around the various pages on this site you should be able to pick up some valuable info.

when I submit a link to that page, it says we are already in the database (but we're not 'linked' under 'promoters'

anyhoo

for the purpose of this thread

interesting music promotions

www.myspace.com/interestingmusic

imp are independent promoters bringing quality underground and eclectic music to venues in and around Aberdeen. We promote sometimes exclusive Scottish shows and artists who usually only come as far North as Glasgow / Edinburgh, whilst at the same time showcasing the more interesting and leftfield musicians lurking around the depths of the local scene.

Vocoustics Promotions

www.vocoustics. com

www.myspace.com/ vocoustics

Independent live music promotions organisation.

Aims to book unique acts of quality and interest in order to add to the supply of live music in Aberdeen. Predominately we promote folk/acoustic/alternative artists but by no means stick solely to these genres and willing to promote any artists who we believe in and believe should be seen, heard and appreciated in this corner of Scotland.

Guest Steven Dedalus
i'd imagine one up records on belmont street would be of interest to students.

Don't do it, Dave!

Don't let it take over their lives as it did ours.....

I have more cds than I have...erm, anything, really.

Guest Steven Dedalus
come on!....it's character building...

you've got to do a stint in one up - you're just not a rounded human if you haven't worked there... he he

Rather like serving in the Vietnam War.

"The average age was 19..."