aberdeen-music

Nothing About Turisas Gig

Stormhart

European Famous Battle Metal Turisas will be playing the Moshulu on the 3rd of March.I was really surprised and dismayed to find nothing about it on this forum,nothing on the calander or anyone discussing the event.

Its not everyday Aberdeen gets a band like Turisas,come this far north to play.This band will blow away any memory of Dragonforce 2years ago and is amazing live.In my book,they are better than Korpiklanni or Fintroll<guys will kill me for saying this>.My advice dont miss out on this gig and will be talked about how good it was for ages.

I'm honestly not try to put down the forum.This band has played festivals such as Download,Wacken and are no small band.We should be trying support all forms of music here,not just local bands.

I'm the first person to admit that Aberdeen Heavy Metal scene has been dead for awhile.What is frustrateing is there nothing anywhere about this gig,inside aberdeen,includeing Aberdeen Heavy Metal myspace.

As for it being in March,elsewhere in the UK,it will be selling tickets out.

Ok i knew this was going to come up,.ok im most cases, they are trying to be real vikings,doing certain rituals and no i do not go for the nudity but the metal.I will be doing a report,takeing photos at the gig<tasteful ones> for the local scene and Metalfaith.Will remind people,that True Scotsman dont wear anything under the kilt and two your maturity does not surprise me.

There was a thread about it on here a while back but it got hijacked by people arguing over irrelevant matters. Similar to what has happened here but on a larger scale.

I shall be attending with a band of warriors (friends).

Seen them before and it was great.

Alestorm and Norther are also supporting.

Alestorm are a pirate metal band from perth who are recently signed the Napalm Records.

MySpace.com - Alestorm - Perth, UK - Metal / Folk / Celtic - www.myspace.com/alestorm

Also Norther MySpace.com - Norther - Helsinki, FI - Metal - www.myspace.com/norther

All a bit silly but I enjoy that sort of thing.