aberdeen-music

Place To Crash

ChoPxSuey

Alright guys... not really the right sort of forum but it's the only one im on which is relevant to Aberdeen. I've been in a lot of s**t recently, which has lead to me getting kicked out. Been Crashing on my mates sofa for a week and i need to get out of here. Does anyone know somewhere where i can go or some people who i can talk to about getting Emergency Accomodation etc? Or just a cheap one bedroom room flat, any information relevant would be greatly appreciated here, thanks in advance.

Guest Neutral

Whilst I feel sympathy for your plight which you could have sorted out before you were made homeless. I think its fair to post a warning. Yes! a warning to the younger members of this forum.

Do not meet anyone off the internet whom you do not already know. This is because many times when people have met offline for the first time it has lead to an abuse of power from the sexual predator being forced onto the younger party.

BBC ChatGuide - Children

Guest Tam o' Shantie

hate to be a snide, sarcy cunt in this time of need, but isn't this exactly the kind of thing council housing is for? phone the mother fuckers and speak to them

Whilst I feel sympathy for your plight which you could have sorted out before you were made homeless. I think its fair to post a warning. Yes! a warning to the younger members of this forum.

Do not meet anyone off the internet whom you do not already know. This is because many times when people have met offline for the first time it has lead to an abuse of power from the sexual predator being forced onto the younger party.

BBC ChatGuide - Children

Right... i couldn't of sorted it out.

I wasn't looking to crash at someones house or anything, thats what im doing now. I just wanted some help if anyone has ever been in this situation before, or knows someone who has. Thanks for being an unhelpful tosser.

Council seems like a good idea, i'll give them a ring anyway. Prefer to be on a sofa in my mates flat than a run down flat in the middle of Tilly, yano? But as the saying goes, 'Beggers can't be choosers'.

I wasn't looking to crash at someones house or anything, thats what im doing now. I just wanted some help if anyone has ever been in this situation before, or knows someone who has. Thanks for being an unhelpful tosser.

Council seems like a good idea, i'll give them a ring anyway. Prefer to be on a sofa in my mates flat than a run down flat in the middle of Tilly, yano? But as the saying goes, 'Beggers can't be choosers'.

check out Flats to rent in Aberdeen, jobs in Aberdeen, classifieds, dating & more. Loads of people with spare rooms, 1 bed flats etc. I was in the same boat last year after a break-up, needed somewhere ASAP. Phoned after an ad on Gumtree on the Saturday, viewed a spare room on the Sunday and moved in on the Monday. Admittedly, the girl I moved in with did turn out to be a prostitute, but surely that can't happen every time.

Guest Neutral
Actually, it goes "Beggars can't be choosers". "Beggers" can choose to do whatever the fuck they want, cos they don't actually exist.

only until some social group takes offence to it

You could have prevented it though, by not getting into "trouble".

I was in the same boat last year after a break-up, needed somewhere ASAP. Phoned after an ad on Gumtree on the Saturday, viewed a spare room on the Sunday and moved in on the Monday. Admittedly, the girl I moved in with did turn out to be a prostitute, but surely that can't happen every time.

I remember this story!

Fucking legend (pun intended) :laughing:

Did you not come home one night after a hard day's work, to find her giving some old coffin-dodger a hand-shandy?

Get it telt and write your memoirs!

I remember this story!

Fucking legend (pun intended) :laughing:

Did you not come home one night after a hard day's work, to find her giving some old coffin-dodger a hand-shandy?

Get it telt and write your memoirs!

Yes, unfortunately, I did come home early one day on the sick and find her shuffling some old man. Which only made me more sick. I used to hear her getting banged all the time. Also she used to play Chris de Burgh when she was giving her sensual massages (or more likely, handjobs). I had to buy earplugs. Mostly to block out Chris de Burgh.

You could have prevented it though, by not getting into "trouble".

Wrong. You don't know the whole story. I made the right choice to do what i did and i stick by it.

Actually' date=' it goes "Beggars can't be choosers". "Beggers" can choose to do whatever the fuck they want, cos they don't actually exist.[/quote']

Uh huh...

I was in the same boat last year after a break-up' date=' needed somewhere ASAP. Phoned after an ad on Gumtree on the Saturday, viewed a spare room on the Sunday and moved in on the Monday. Admittedly, the girl I moved in with did turn out to be a prostitute, but surely that can't happen every time.[/quote']

Cheers mate, looking into it =]

Think you'll find (in best Jimmy Carr impression stylee) that after last years law change, if you have had tenants living in your flat for 1 year or more it is now illegal to increase the rent in order to renew tenancy.

Of course you could threaten to kick them out and replace them with one's who are willing to pay more, however, they could refuse to leave/pay rent. Leaving you in limbo as the council/police are highly unlikely to step in on your behalf. I'd go so far to allude to the story of the snowball and the chance it had of surviving in hell. So you'd better hope that you had taken out landlords insurance from the council otherwise your stimeyed.

So yeah, the buy a house-rent it out (pay off the student debt) idea is good in principle until your tenants turn on you, refuse rent, refuse to leave. At this point you are stuck into a situation that could take months/years to resolve and probably leave you penniless.

Not as easy money as it first seems, trust me I've been burnt by that candle..

...............and back to the point. Go to the student office at Aberdeen uni next to kings grab as many of the phone numbers for 'flatmate needed' as you can and get ringing. There is even a free phone to use in the accomodation office!

Goodapple homes are specifically for this purpose I think, and you don't have to take the first flat you're offered. Might not be a huge wait because I'd imagine it'd mostly by familes needing houses pronto so 1 bedroom flats might be easier to find. Have a looky here:How do I become a tenant?

Again, as Lester said, the problem with looking to be a flatmate of students is that you could end up having to pay all the council tax, depending on how honest you and your flatmates are. You can probably dodge if for a while though.

Or! Get a job in a hotel...sometimes they give you board as part of the deal. Maybe not in the city centre though.

Take care, and good luck. I don't know the details of your problems of course, but it's a situation we could all find ourselves in with little notice and it'd be nice to think that people can be helpful rather than just act as though you've brought it upon yourself, eh?