aberdeen-music

[GIG] Meursault // Kartta // No Pasaran: Fri 11th Jan. Tunnels

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Hear ye, hear ye! Idol Wild Promotions is very proud to bring you another concert. For your ears and eyes only...

Meursault

Easily Edinburgh's finest ever unsigned act, Meursault return to Aberdeen after a highly successful show with Kitchen Cynics and No Pasaran back in August. Back then, Meursault was one man, an acoustic guitar, a banjo, a ukelele, a laptop, and lots of effects pedals. This time he will have accompaniment. It will be even louder and even better. An overwhelming blend of electronics, traditional folk music, and ethereal melancholy, Meursault possess the ability to truly melt your heart. I still can't fathom why Meursault, essentially, are unsigned.

For fans of: Xiu Xiu, Iron & Wine, Port-Royal, Postal Service.

www.myspace.com/meursaulta701

Kartta

A noisey and literate alt-pop band from Aberdeen. Six members. Three guitars. Xylophones. Korgs. Toy accordians. Tambourines. Handclaps. Songs about books. Songs about conceit. Meursault may well melt your heart; Kartta will melt your face.

For fans of: Built To Spill, Lift To Experience, The Twilight Sad, The Chameleons, Explosions In The Sky, Broken Social Scene, Dinosaur Jr.

www.myspace.com/karttamusic

No Pasaran

I challenge you to find me a more beautiful collective in Aberdeen. Their songs are warm, sensous, and mind-blowingly romantic. The their technical ability is often overlooked, but their song-writing ability certainly isn't. Best listened to with your lover's hand in yours.

For fans of: Iron & Wine, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, early REM, Calexico.

www.myspace.com/nopasaran1

All for three of your Earthly pounds.

I never said for a single moment that Kartta did sound like them.

no but it's implied by the wording. i think fans of dinosaur jnr would think we fucking suck balls. so there.

i should point out though that fans of good music will fucking love meursalt and no pasaran as they're just ace.

Guest idol_wild
no but it's implied by the wording. i think fans of dinosaur jnr would think we fucking suck balls. so there.

Most of the people who go to see Kartta like Dinosaur Jr though...

I also don't think Kartta sound like any of the other bands I mentioned. Except, perhaps, and hopefully, Built To Spill. In places.

Woe is Kartta. You boys need to start slapping your own backs sooner or later. I for one will find it a true pleasure to witness you guys in a live setting once more. Plus, Meursault will be awesome. And, you know, I'll be playing.....so I have to be there anyway. But rest assured that if I didn't, I still would be. Or something.

GO IDOL WILD!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild
hey Kartta guys (and genaral forum users, im new to this site). sorry i missed your hogmany show, hope it was a blast. chuffed you're playing soon... will try and get along to this one!

I think you will love Meursault more ;)

Guest idol_wild

Rob from Kartta is dj'ing until 3am after the show, which will be a treat. He will be armed with many nuggets of pure musical gold. He even takes requests.

Before and inbetween each bands my iPod has a delicious playlist created especially for you. You can expect to hear The Notwist, Arab Strap, Bedhead, Xiu Xiu, Blonde Redhead, Built To Spill, Four Tet, Lift To Experience, Neutral Milk Hotel, Broken Social Scene, Wilderness, Parts & Labor, The Twilight Sad, B. Fleischmann, and much more...

Guest idol_wild
Good luck with this een Mr Phil.

Cheers min. I can't really afford to lose money on this one, so fingers crossed a decent number of people turn out. Meursault alone is worth many pounds; let alone the sophistication of No Pasaran.