aberdeen-music

Death from exposure:aberdeen student radio

stepmaster5000

Death from exposure is on every Wednesday from 4-6, it is show that plays a mix of modern Scottish and Canadian music.

This week in the Scottish section of the show from 4 we will be focusing on spoken narrative in Scottish music playing such bands as Ivor culter, Arab strap, Belle and Sebastian, Ballboy, My Latest Novel and also featuring songs written by Ian Rankin and Alan Bissett for Aidan moffat and Malcolm Middleton respectively.

Cutting across to the Canadian hour at 5, you will get a taste of the Quebecois French music scene in a variety of genres, from hip-hop to avante-garde art rock, and also an epic length finale from A Silver Mt. Zion (members of God Speed! You Black Emperor). Add to that some insightful commentary on the Quebec ice storms of 1998 and there is something for everyone.

to listen log on to.....

Aberdeen Student Radio or Aberdeen Student Radio

I listened to the station in the morning yesterday and thought it was pretty good, then there was a two hour program in the afternoon that I didn't like and I forgot to switch it on again later. But it's definitely going in my radio bookmarks for future listening.

I'm Scottish and my flatmate/co-presenter Peter is Canadian, and thats the music we listen to and know the most about. he's playing lots of Canadain bands that people here may not have heard, and i'm playing lots of scottish bands party so all his friends who are listening in vancouver can hear whats happening is scotland, but mostly just because there is so much great home grown scottish talent esp at the moment and I believe scottish people should get behind it and support the scene.

I'm Scottish and my flatmate/co-presenter Peter is Canadian, and thats the music we listen to and know the most about. he's playing lots of Canadain bands that people here may not have heard, and i'm playing lots of scottish bands party so all his friends who are listening in vancouver can hear whats happening is scotland, but mostly just because there is so much great home grown scottish talent esp at the moment and I believe scottish people should get behind it and support the scene.

I thought it might be the case that there was a Canadian involved. Fair enough.