aberdeen-music

My Chemical Romance at the AECC

Hog

Anyone else go?

I have an early cd and can't say I would go out my way to buy their albums.

However, my uncle had a spare ticket and I had nothing else on.

Basically...

The support was shit although the bassist was boneable.

MCR were full of energy. The guitarist with the hair was very tight. Gerald Butler had a weird, high talking voice. The teenage girls behind me were screaming everytime the singer moved. Their face when my uncle told them to stfu after they almost burst an eardrum.

In seriousness. A decent group need to wipe away the tears.

Gerald needs to stop thinking that he is freddy and grow up a bit.

I was there, didn't enjoy it much. I have their last two albums and I quite like them, I figured they'd sort of been labelled a kiddy band by assosciation, however after seeing them live they really played up to the fact that most of their audience is grumpy teenagers. Music to hate your parents to is how I describe it. The screech when they came onstage actually hurt my ears a little. They were OK musically I suppose but the mix of the crowd and the whole childishness of it just put me right off them. My girlfriend actually claimed it was better than the foo fighters gig we were at two days before. She's buried in my back yard now.

I enjoyed them and it was the first gig where i didnt have to move to get a full view of the stage. Even from the back i had a perfect view, probably due to the audience being mainly 13yrs old.

Funniest bit of the night was the lead singer of the support miming to there's no business like showbusiness, that appealed to me and had me in stitches.