aberdeen-music

Envy at the Arches

medichi

This one nearly snuck under the radar - Jap-screamo-noise gods Envy are playing the Arches on 8th November - the same night Comeback Kid, Warriors and This is Hell tear up Tuts. As baby is being very good so far, I may be allowed to sneak off to one or t'other, but can't decide which. Envy are obviously much "cooler", but I do enjoy This Is Hell and The Warriors. Comeback Kid used to be ace too.

This one nearly snuck under the radar - Jap-screamo-noise gods Envy are playing the Arches on 8th November - the same night Comeback Kid, Warriors and This is Hell tear up Tuts. As baby is being very good so far, I may be allowed to sneak off to one or t'other, but can't decide which. Envy are obviously much "cooler", but I do enjoy This Is Hell and The Warriors. Comeback Kid used to be ace too.

could be another 4 years before they come back, plus desalvo are supporting too!!

not sure how the arches will fare in this one, think Im going to go to leeds aswell. envy in the brudenell!!!!!!!! with support from these monsters!YAS!

i dont care what anyone says about them being dull or their recent material being gash, i still fucking love everything this band has put out

yeah, i really want to go to this, but the overdraft is getting a bit too far on the credit side of things for my liking so going to have to give it a miss. plus the Dons are playing so i'd be on my todd.

i would like to know if anyone from Aberdeen even TRIED to book them. i'd probably put a bet of one of my limbs that nobody did. ahh weeell.

i love the way the lyrics sound with envy - the pronounciation of the japanese words, subtle, but it really adds to the sound... which, standalone, is fucking ace!

could be another 4 years before they come back, plus desalvo are supporting too!!

not sure how the arches will fare in this one, think Im going to go to leeds aswell. envy in the brudenell!!!!!!!! with support from these monsters!YAS!

i dont care what anyone says about them being dull or their recent material being gash, i still fucking love everything this band has put out

envy were great. the new stuff was excellent live, i would say that the gear was set up to suit the newer stuff, it was pretty sweet. tbh i was expecting to be dissappointed by them, but thankfully I wasnt. good mix of stuff too in there too and the decent crowd was up for it, i kinda wish i took flyers along now to promote what is happening with that kind of music locally

the venue def doesnt suit a band like desalvo, and the sound mix was piss poor, still enjoyable, but no justice for them

well worth the trip