aberdeen-music

Pedal mods by Lame Guitarist (review!)

delius

soundo min, how will i go about getting it to you, I'm gonna be in the city center Wednesday lunchtime if that helps i can bring cash and the pedal and meet you somewhere... if no then arrange something

also what can you do for original cry babys, my one i find lacks character and the wah comes in quite late in the sweep and is short relative to the movement of the pedal, could you mod it to have a wider range?

also dunno if this is possible or worth it, but the white bass cry baby has a switch less circuit and spring loaded treadle, is it possible to mod the original cry baby to work the same as the the bass version, i don't like having to rock the pedal all the way forward to clunk it on then to bring it back towards me to start the wah, interferes with my playing i find

cheers :D

***modified pedal or half score of green? ehhh decisions!!!!! DECIDED PEDAL!!***

no probs, just send me a pm of a time and place where you wanna meet and i can be there.

yeah i can mod original crybaby's i can't make them work switchless though thats the thing but i can mod it to give it true bypass so it doesnt suck your tone and make it more vocal and sort the sweep out. it will def give it more of a voice to it. i do them for 30 as its a full new switching system and component removal and swaparound

if your around captain toms tonight i can let you hear one? if you wanted

' date=' post: 423439"']i have a TC distortion. anything you can do with that?

ideally i'd like to get my amp modded then get my TC modded to suit it perfect.

can you do behringer pedals. you can get some for like 7 quid! might buy one and see what you can do with it.

havent done any of them yet but that doesnt mean they cant be modded! Would have to have a look at the circuits and preferably a circuit diagram.

Yeah hear that behringer pedals are quite cheap. i may get myself a few and see what i can do with them.

Whats the TC Distortion like? is there anything you dont like about it?

ps

what kind o amp you wanting to get modded and what kind o mods you wanting done?

the colour filter can be harsh at times. it definitely needs discussion though, basically its all good, but i think my amp is really what needs modded.

its an OLD HH amp. great for what it is. i think its a VS musician 100. my dad gave it to me.

i'd basically some sort of adjusted eq or a new one. they're too one dimensional. dial in too much bass the bottom string is painfully louder than the others; if i dial in too much (or even a little) treble i get ear piercing presence.

i would honestly just be interested to see what you could do with it, if anything, even if it was just replacing all the bits and bobs in side for better quality one or whatever. an all round once over.

because its so old theres no warrantee or anything. i've seen similar style/aged HH amps go for as little as 50 on ebay so it if all goes to shit it aint no biggy.

' date=' post: 423441"']the colour filter can be harsh at times. it definitely needs discussion though, basically its all good, but i think my amp is really what needs modded.

its an OLD HH amp. great for what it is. i think its a VS musician 100. my dad gave it to me.

i'd basically some sort of adjusted eq or a new one. they're too one dimensional. dial in too much bass the bottom string is painfully louder than the others; if i dial in too much (or even a little) treble i get ear piercing presence.

i would honestly just be interested to see what you could do with it, if anything, even if it was just replacing all the bits and bobs in side for better quality one or whatever. an all round once over.

because its so old theres no warrantee or anything. i've seen similar style/aged HH amps go for as little as 50 on ebay so it if all goes to shit it aint no biggy.

to be honest the only thing i do with amps just now is re-valving and biasing or repair then if they are broken.

i modded my 2 marshalls but took a good few months to study the circuits and know what to do to change the sound to what i wanted. i wouldnt wanna tweak an amp am not familiar with.

If it was broken i could repair it though!

i would recommend the guy thats been mentioned on this forum before. think he's names dennis or something. he's apparently the guy that knows how to mod amps to taste and he's real good.

i'm sticking to pedal tweaking just now

to be honest the only thing i do with amps just now is re-valving and biasing or repair then if they are broken.

i modded my 2 marshalls but took a good few months to study the circuits and know what to do to change the sound to what i wanted. i wouldnt wanna tweak an amp am not familiar with.

If it was broken i could repair it though!

i would recommend the guy thats been mentioned on this forum before. think he's names dennis or something. he's apparently the guy that knows how to mod amps to taste and he's real good.

i'm sticking to pedal tweaking just now

fair enough, i'll decide exactly what i want from my TC then see if you can do it.

This all sounds really interesting. I've got a DS1 that I've had for years but I've always felt it was a bit too fizzy and that, even with the level at full, it doesn't have enough volume. Is this something you could sort out?

at last one o my fave ones to mod!! hehe

yeah i can do lots o stuff to it. have you ever seen the robert keeley version of the ds-1 with the seeing eye and switch - well stuff like that can be done.

the gain can be completely smoothed out and the harshness gone. i dont mean have the same as the keeley as to be honest i think keeley pedals are still quite harsh. there is a lot he could have did but didnt with the ds-1 and a few others. however he puts out some cracking stuff like the time machine boost and so on and the framptone stuff.

I have some that your welcome to come and hear in action that i modded. my fave is a one that i have switchable gain options and is smoking like!! totally love that pedal. real smoothed out gain

Ace! I live in Edinburgh, so it would be a case of posting it up to you, but if you can raise the volume and give it a tone makeover, I'd be well chuffed! It gets no use at all just now because I can't get a decent sound out of it (it'd go in front of either a Thunder 50 or a JCM 900), but if you can make it sing, that could all change.

Ace! I live in Edinburgh, so it would be a case of posting it up to you, but if you can raise the volume and give it a tone makeover, I'd be well chuffed! It gets no use at all just now because I can't get a decent sound out of it (it'd go in front of either a Thunder 50 or a JCM 900), but if you can make it sing, that could all change.

no probs i will pm you

• 3 weeks later...