Guest stuartmaxwell

hey folks

here is the line up for tommorrow night at drakes

kathryn sawers shall be on at 8.30

route2 at 9.30

deadenstereo at 10.15

orwell at 11.00

this show will be very very very busy, as most of our mates are coming along

so i would def be along early to catch kathryn and route 2 as i have a feeling most will enjoy them

******plllllllleeeeeeeeeease dont talk through kathryns set as it ruins it for others***************if you do i will personally throw battery acid in your face:dunce:

see sig for details:band:

hope to see some of you there:cheers:

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

what a sad event...but also a very happy one, as i get to see deadenstereo for the first time! i will be there, but i have to leave before orwell actually play :(

stupid bus, stupid exam...

but i did get to hear crazy battle this! outside drummonds last night, so i am slightly happier for it...except the fact i've had it stuck in my head all day! silly catchy orwell blokes!

Guest stuartmaxwell

yes, please do!

it shall be fun

we had a very poor show in drummonds last night, we even got paper aereoplanes thrown at us, fantastic!

Tragically my spangly catsuit hasn't survived its last trip to the dry cleaners, so I'll have to look out something more demure...

Should be an ace gig though, and we'll be punting a few cds if any of you lovely people are feeling flush

x

Orwell that ends well.

What a great night! First of all I have to mention Kathryn Sawyers, amazing. One of the most enchanting musical experiences i've ever had. Then of course to Orwell. We have watched these guys quickly become one of the most productive, motivated, energetic and most of all FUN bands in town in a time scale which should make most other bands frightened and ashamed. We wil all have to wonder just what they could have become. It is indeed a sad day. If the new spangly Aberdeen music scene was a motor car, well, it just lost a wheel.

Re: Orwell that ends well.

Originally posted by preemo:

If the new spangly Aberdeen music scene was a motor car, well, it just lost a wheel.

Life Mechanics by Stewart Parker :p

Last night was indeed amazing, I enjoyed all bands, and Kathryn was great too! It's such a pity it was a goodbye gig, that sucks. But I certainly won't be forgetting this one in a hurry.

Well done guys!

All Hail Orwell, that was one of the most energetic performances i've ever seen in drakes... the level of everything was loud, and beautiful.... and the set list was on fire... Such an ace gig - just a pitty it was the last orwell one.

Katherine Sawyers was bloomin' amazing aswell - the way she used the piano's pedal as a sort of bass drum beat just sent shivers through my body. Amazing! Dedenstereo also knew how to bring more than their fair share of rock - i'd tell everyone to check 'em out when they come back up t our kneck of the woods. Brilliant gig!

Guest stuartmaxwell

that was the most fun ive ever had

shocking banter, technical problems, blood on the guitar, fainting on the drum kit, slagging off various members of the audience, a mission of burma cover cracking into rage against the machine, general noise mongering, abusive audience, everyone screaming into my pick ups, nailing someone with my guitar (sorry dude!), falling over, no setlist, all made it the best gig ive ever played at

i thought all the acts were superb

katherine was absolutely sublime, thank you for keeping quiet folks, it makes it all the more enjoyable for us all, "cut off his fucking head" she says, er... be warned!!

route two were fucking dirty, having only played a few gigs in town halls etc they came up here and rocked the house, fucking awesome bassist with energy that would put joe from black atom to shame, come to think of it they all had great energy and were super tight at times

deadenstereo were fucking amazing, sooo tight, excellent songs, top notch guys, i cant wait to see em again, i dont think i heard a bum note for the whole set, great joke about taking back last july 14th or whatever it was

it was great to play with such nice people and it was great to play to the audience, cheers to all who have helped us over the past year, it was a blast

you never know, you might see an orwell acoustic set sometime soon (ooh the mystery, ooh the bum notes!)