Atom's Maiden album of choice.....

Guest Scorge Spike

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

Indeed that is true about emo.

But then again the ONLY vaguely emo album I own is funeral for a friend... who are MASSIVELY inspired by Iron Maiden anyway.

And European power metal? Guilty.

Though I don't have too much of that cos a lot of it shite. A little Helloween here, a bit of Nightwish there... but at least it is all inspired from Maiden.

Infact Maiden were the first power metal band... ;)

Hang your head in shame... Funeral For a Friend may be slightly inspired by Maiden but... oops... they're shite! All that screaming then poncing about going "look at me, I'm all sensitive!" You'd nae catch Maiden doing that.

And everyone always says to me, oh you love Iron Maiden, you'll love Helloween / Stratovarius / Gamma Ray / insert another shite power metal band here. And I don't it's all a bunch of pish with overdone vocals and harmonies on everything all the time and an annoying double kick drum going on all the time! It's a lot of pish!

I think the key here is that there is a difference between doing something well and overdoing something. Iron Maiden fall on the right side of that line, Nightwish, however, definitely fall on the wrong side ;)

Might actually be a good idea... for some reason I just can't imagine you as a frontman... too used to seeing you on drums! To be honest I keep imagining you in your insurance salesman garb (salmon pink shirt, tie etc.) on stage... :D

I doubt you'll convince me that emo isn't nads though ;)

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

power metal....come on...get some Gamma Ray in your life...

Helloween suck balls...anyband that put out an album like "chameleon" deserves to die....

A) I have a gamma ray CD

B) They sound almost exactly like Helloween

C) that's because the guitarist from Helloween formed Gamma Ray

;)

Guest highroller

A) I have a gamma ray CD

B) They sound almost exactly like Helloween

C) that's because the guitarist from Helloween formed Gamma Ray

;)

you see...you see...dan is metal....he knows all there is on metal....BUT you havent fully become a jedi knight of metal until you have heard "kin" by xentrix

Guest highroller

yes yes yes i had that album...my girlfriend of the time stole it....i dont remember much aprt from Rico produced it...the bass player was an awesome guy who was in metal hammers super fan about his obsession with pantera and that the last song "wrench" was the best....

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by Joe Atom:

You don't think you can handle Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner. Well, face the beast! Come on!

Have you seen a tub of lard have an epileptic fit before? Because that's what I look like when I'm playing it. :D

But then again the ONLY vaguely emo album I own is funeral for a friend..

:nono: *minus five points*

A) I have a gamma ray CD

:cheers: *plus five points*

This thread fairly went wrong :D....

Shit I've missed a lot! ;)

NPFTD is ace. Production & lyrics are a bit shite at times but musically it's a good listen. Holy Smoke is the cheesiest & best Maiden video!

As for Power Metal, Iced Eearth is the only one I listen to (if you can even call them Power Metal)

Guest Scorge Spike

Leave Helloween out of this, you cunt! Shite they may be, but Keeper Of The Seven Keys pisses over No Prayer any day of the year in my most humble opinion. :D

*goes to gym*

Originally posted by Scorge McBrain:

Leave Helloween out of this, you cunt! Shite they may be, but Keeper Of The Seven Keys pisses over No Prayer any day of the year in my most humble opinion. :D

*goes to gym*

No Prayer is whack. I put it on today just so that I would have an educated opinion of it. Therefore Scorge, by saying that your Helloween album is better than No Prayer, you are comparing two turds. Either way, there both shite, just one has more nuts in it than the other.

p.s.- thanks to Len for lending me his copy of No Prayer