aberdeen-music

Spike Pile Driver

Mr.Tim

Originally posted by thurisaz:

then check out Pig Destroyer. They aint got a bassist, and they're about 12 times as heavy.

that is both a scary and an exciting proposition, have they released any records? i think a band called pig destroyer needs to be heard...

Guest Tam o' Shantie

of course they have. there are a world of bands doing this kind of music - contrary to popular belief what SPD are doing is nothing fresh or amazing - no offence but you know what i mean. pig destroyer ARE pretty ace

Thank you Timson for your kind words.

I know what we do is hardly original, its noisy and fucked up...all in all its just good fun. The inbetween song banter is more our trademark now....almost more than the music.

Thurisaz, why do you constantly feel you have to put me down? You used to be real positive. Dont get me wrong, I love constructive critism, its just that anything regarding anything Im doing you seem to bitch about. Maybe you have a chip on your shoulder, I can get you a fish to go with it.

Originally posted by Tam o' Shantie:

of course they have. there are a world of bands doing this kind of music - contrary to popular belief what SPD are doing is nothing fresh or amazing - no offence but you know what i mean. pig destroyer ARE pretty ace

sure in the same way that are a thousand bands around who sound like green day but you cant get to hear all of them....

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Thanks very much Timson. You're a good egg. We never claimed to be original, we just do our thing and if people don't like it then I won't lose any sleep over it. Those of you who like it, see you at Drake's on Saturday.

Originally posted by Hog:

Thank you Timson for your kind words.

I know what we do is hardly original, its noisy and fucked up...all in all its just good fun. The inbetween song banter is more our trademark now....almost more than the music.

Thurisaz, why do you constantly feel you have to put me down? You used to be real positive. Dont get me wrong, I love constructive critism, its just that anything regarding anything Im doing you seem to bitch about. Maybe you have a chip on your shoulder, I can get you a fish to go with it.

I wasn't putting you down. I was just trying to promote my favorite band.

maybe its you that has the problem cos you think whatever I say is an attempt to undermine you,.......

And Del, yes, Pig destroyer have released two full lengths with a third on thw way.And have done a number of splits. there was a record released this year by another label called Pianter of Dead girls which featured all of their tracks form al the splits hey've done.

they're signed to relapse records and are american., check out the album Prowler in the Yard. its phenomenal.

Originally posted by thurisaz:

I wasn't putting you down. I was just trying to promote my favorite band.

maybe its you that has the problem cos you think whatever I say is an attempt to undermine you,.......

That is the impression I get by the way you word things. If I am wrong then I must simply misinterpret things.Dont get me wrong if people think the bands Im in are shit, thats their opinion and Im not fussed if that is the case.

Its just that Jake gets the same impression by reading your posts

Hog

:cheers:

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Maybe a case of crossed wires here. I have never personally had a problem with Thurisaz, he's always been sound enough in my presence. I have to agree with him in that Pig Destroyer are fucking awesome. I think there's quite enough bitching and backstabbing as it is so let's put it to bed and get drunk together. Or, indeed, play a gig together!

Originally posted by Alan Cynic:

My only worry is that Pig Destroyer might be another way of saying Hog Killer. and that is NOT a good thought. The world needs more Hogs.

:cheers::laughing: Dunno man lol, Im sure 1 is more than enough:cheers:

Originally posted by Alan Cynic:

My only worry is that Pig Destroyer might be another way of saying Hog Killer. and that is NOT a good thought. The world needs more Hogs.

The name was originally Cop Destroyer. But well, it doesn;t have the same ring to it. So, they used slang.