aberdeen-music

G3

Foreskin Ninja

Originally posted by bryn:

Eric Johnson suckkkkkks!!!! well he's a good guitarist, but has anyone seen him live!?!?!?! fuckin hell its painful....

Dude, have you SEEN the G3 DVD with Vai, Satch and Johnson!?!?! Eric owns the pair of them, his 3 songs are soooooo much tastier than anything the other two guys play. Alright, he doesn't do himself any favours in the last 3 songs when all 3 guys are on stage but I think we can put that down to stage-fright ;) I don't get the impression that Eric plays alongside shredders very often and I'm sure he tried to adapt his style a little to fit in and he ends up being a little on the sloppy side. Doesn't really change my opinion of him though - Manhattan is the best sng on that DVD by a country mile - Eric plays for the song... not like Mr "For the love of god" Vai - he gets on my tits! The fat guy in the hat even beats him in my opinion ;)

Guest Bob Double Jack

I shall be there. Hope it is better tha the last time i saw satriani when i ws pretty bored in 1997. Looking forward to seeing Mr Vai.

Yeh Ive got the dvd, eric johnsons songs are really good, but how can he be such a shit performer. Hes so uncool!! Mummys boy clothes and overwashed hair lol

Satch is ok - bit boring and kegs that say 'who looks at trousers anyway *geeky chuckle*'

Vai is the only one worth paying to go and see, may aswell listen to eric johnsons cd!

At the end though I think satrians solos are the best on the collarabation songs, Eric has a beautiful pair of headphones, and they all pretty much murder the hendrix cover.

Yeh Ive got the dvd, eric johnsons songs are really good, but how can he be such a shit performer. Hes so uncool!! Mummys boy clothes and overwashed hair lol

I surely hope your taking the piss dude. Fair enough im biased cause shred players do my head in but EJ on that dvd owns all. Def with Mac on this one :up:

Originally posted by Mac Atom:

Dude, have you SEEN the G3 DVD with Vai, Satch and Johnson!?!?! Eric owns the pair of them, his 3 songs are soooooo much tastier than anything the other two guys play. Alright, he doesn't do himself any favours in the last 3 songs when all 3 guys are on stage but I think we can put that down to stage-fright ;) I don't get the impression that Eric plays alongside shredders very often and I'm sure he tried to adapt his style a little to fit in and he ends up being a little on the sloppy side. Doesn't really change my opinion of him though - Manhattan is the best sng on that DVD by a country mile - Eric plays for the song... not like Mr "For the love of god" Vai - he gets on my tits! The fat guy in the hat even beats him in my opinion ;)

I agree with you on all points there. Vai didn't do anything for me on the G3 vid I have however both Stach and Johnson were fantastic....Satch bassist as well...awful shirt but great player.

Hmmmmm i duno, the hendrix cover captured nothing of the original vibe of the song. Too precise i thought, not really the right kind of emotion.

Vai is by far the best, everything about his performance. How can you argue with For the love of god?!?! stick SRV up ur ass!! that song sucks! manhattan is excellent tho

at the end of the day a performer should perform.... every one of vai's 'co musicians' performs / looks like theyre enjoying themselves.

I was showing my brother the dvd one day and i rewinded a part of satrianis, certain parts are really funny in backwards motion sped up - the egg!! hehe

leave yngwie alone! hes not fat.....

that IS who your talking bout right?

Nope, not this time. Although Yngwie is a fat man, we're talking about Vai's fat friend from the DVD (I think he's called Mike something or other) who is amazing and plays attitude song note perfectly along with Steve - mint!